Brewhouse Updates

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty sure there is 3.

One in the TAB room, one facing the room with all the tables/pool table and one past the bottle shop. I haven't been to the third one but I'm told it is there.

I haven't checked out the bottleshop or what's past it.

Good news is I got the wife to give it another try Saturday noon and we had a nice platter and the Schwarz & BPA was tasting great!

I am not 100% happy with this batch of BPA, had some yeast issues (amongst other things), it's a bit sweet and doesn't have the same fresh resiny character the previous batch had. Fortunately will be brewing another batch this weekend! Followed closely by a new Scottish Ale and American Pale Ale.

Also, we bottled some BPA today, it will be available in the bottle-shop tomorrow!

So my second look at the glass was for a reason. No matter, it went down good.

New Scottish Ale? Hope it tastes as good as the Up Your Albert St. Kilt! :)
And are we talking "Engine" Pale??? :)

It will be more or less the same as the old Scottish, and yes; the beer formerly known as Engine will be brewed soon.

Hmm... maybe a bit of mis-comm there.

I'll predict Midnight Stout, Scwarzbeir, BPA, Starlager, Honey Wheat, and hopefully maybe Dopplebock?

Bock won't be on this weekend, neither will White Rabbit. Hopefully both of them will be on early next week.

went last weekend Stout was eawsome, and the BPA was greatly improved from when we visited in the 1st week.

I think most everything has improved since the 1st week.

Enjoyed lunch & a pint last weekend with the bro-in-law. I will say the chips and the salmon was way over-salted. I was thinking the cook must smoke...

This is Australia mate, all cooks smoke.

Scottish ale is fermenting!

Went here on Friday night. The BPA and the Stout are awesome. The Pilsner is just a Pilsner, which never really excites me.

The food / eating area was a bit of a let down. The website makes it look a lot better than what it is, unless there's two different parts? There's a photo of a steak on a website for example that makes it look like fine dining when in fact it's just cheap pub bistro. Not that there's anything wrong with that. The price was right.

The place still feels like a suburban pub with not much going for it unfortunately, other than the beer of course which is great. A good start either way. I see potential in the venue.

This is Australia mate, all cooks smoke.

Scottish ale is fermenting!
Tops! Can't wait for the Scottish! And good on all Aussie cooks smoking, I guess it why youy pay for the food first there eh?.. smoke like a chimney, but take it easy on the salt please.

Had the sample platter today with some Schwarzbeir & BPa, and it all was great!

Not trying to defend 'em. I find it very frustrating that cooks smoke.

B chan are you able to tell me what malts are used in the stout? Don't have to be too specific. Not looking to clone it, just interested.

Yeah, I hear that mate.

I saw a keg being carted in yesterday.... was hoping it was the Dopplebock!

Dropped in here with a tour group for the first time last week, everyone had a blast. Fantastic friendly service behind the bar (considering they had to pump out 10 tasting trays in quick succession!)

Highlights were definitely the Schwarz and the IPA.

Fantastic place to wind up a tour with the pool table and ample seating. We'll be back next weekend!

Back