Brewferm Beer Kits

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhan7073

Reaction score
Hi there,

I was hoping that anyone who is having a go at brewing brewferm beer kits, or other beligian style beers for that might post on this thread what they've done and what has worked.

So far I have brewed the triple brewferm kit and am currently brewing the gallia kit. I noticed when I put the triple on a very pleasant fruity aroma coming from the fermentor which pleased my dog no end (he sleep where I keep the fermentor so usually has to put up with that standard not so pleasant smell).

I also noticed it began fermenting almost immediatedly. I didn't use the proper belgian candy sugar.

For the Gallia I did use the proper belgian candy, but found it quite difficult to dissolve. (its like boiled lollies).

I was going to try the diablo or christmas brews, but ESB were out. I'm also keen to try the Ambiorix ( I think its got something to do with all the Asterix and Obelix cartoons I read as a kid).

Let me know how you go,

Mic

I have yet to do a brewferm so have no helpful comments for that. It sounds like the trippel went well. It's so satisfying when the fermentation starts quickly. :D

I'm not sure which of the candi sugars you used, but I have read in several places that they are essentially not much different to cane sugar, so it may be better to save your money and use some standard sugar instead.

Cheers
Stuart

Latest posts

Back