Brewersdiscount - A Bit Of A Shock

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd reply again to both email addy's (C&C and DD) using that rude correspondence again to give them a chance to explain. Just in case it may have been a disgruntled employee. :blink:

Just a thought?? :ph34r:

You have definately followed the correct recourse which didn't justify that type of response.

I'm still considering ordering another box of kegs, but this make me think twice.

Good luck mongo as I posted earlier in another thread I received my four kegs from Matt but found that one had a busted gas post and looked like it had been kicked to Australia, and I was missing disconnects that I paid for.

Since March 8th I have been trying to get an aknowledgement from Matt that he has recieved my e-mails, and that he is going to send my parts through !!!!

I think that I will just chalk it up as experience and never deal with them again !!!

Brad.

I think matt has sold the kegs to china in bulk and given the home brew market the side swipe.

Sorry to hear about it Brad/skicraft.
Your story sounds quite similar to Fingerlickin in this thread. A shame.
All the best with it.

Howdy Mongo:
You are not the first to be short-dealt by RBC/Brewer's Discount, but I do hope others will avoid the same fate. My experience with Brewers Discount and alleged business person Matt C. is virtually identical to your experience.

I sent Matt $ and received wrong items; I called politely, emailed politely, and he basically accused me of lying, then sent me a foul-mouthed email that reads pretty much the same as the one he sent you.
Same phrasing, same words.

If your web-discussion continues and you'd like, I believe I can retrieve and forward a very similar line of email correspondence to document it all. Matt (and I, who oppose violence) are lucky he's not in Arizona, as the only thing that P's me off more than being ripped-off is a foul-mouthed jerk such as he so clearly demonstrates himself to be.
I've basically suppressed my anger about the money wasted and the insults hurled by that creep. I lost a bit of money but I'm enjoying sending a lot more to his competitors! Keep on brewin, eh?

I recomended to my local HBrew buddies, and I warn all you brew-kin too: Caveat Emptor - avoid Brewers Discount, aka RCB!!!

"peace in the world begins with homebrew on my porch"
-Joel-

* Note * I just looked in myt email archive and saw that the foul-mouthed email I got from BRewer's Discount came from Terry, not Matt. Fascinating that a business could have two equally offensive and incompetent managers!!! Or maybe like the business aka, there is only one person there jerking customers around? One thing for sure, I would never order from them again and I warn everyone who asks...

joel -
I am definitely intrigued. I'll put my vote in to have a look at the e-mail, for sure!
Cheers,
Steve.

PS - I take it that your issue wasn't resolved?
PPS - thanks for taking the time to visit here to make a contribution.

*chanting* e-mail, e-mail, e-mail. I'd love a read :)

Consumer beware, lets have all the facts and if there's a second experience just as bad ? *chant* e-mail, e-mail, e-mail.

Iam still waiting on my disconnects and have a keg that went straight to the bin at least you got emails so they have improved on that point I recieved one email all up in 6 months dealing trying to deal with them

paid for 3 kegs 3 seal kits 2 set of disconnects ended up with 2 kegs 1.5 seal kits and a vow never to touch them again

Hmmm. A very unfortunate series of events.

I'm disappointed to see that this has gone on and that RCB/Brewers Discount have behaved like this. Although in my quick read of your emails Mongo I do think you stirred the pot a little ;), especially given that they did end up sending your order (or it appears so-if they didn't send it they definitely WONT now :D) but hey they did stuff up your order and then spin you some crap about it. Long waits are very frustrating when things go wrong.

Unfortunately when you deal with so many orders all over the world you will get stuff ups time and time again, it's how you deal with them that makes things right, sets you apart from the others and gets you a good reputation. It's rare that you see people commenting about how good a place or service is when you get your order properly filled and it arrives on time with no hastles.

The comments about what a great business/customer service a company has or is, usually arrives from how they rectified the problem when things went wrong. This is what stands out. Say you make a mistake 1-2% of the time, on the internet that 1-2% stuff up rings loud and clear and resonates a long way and is there for all to see, even those not involved or interested. It also tends to generate even more dissatisfaction than those 1-2% because it incites people to draw up all the little minor problems they may have had as well which makes the problems seem bigger than they are/were. That's why as a business you really want to jump on those problems and fix them asap and to the best of your ability to stop the bad press circulating.

I'm certainily not defending BD/RCB here, they stuffed up with the order which happens, and they definitely stuffed up with that final email reply and there is no excuse for that. I have backed BD/RCB and promoted them and thier cheap prices from way, way back. Infact it may have even been me that brought up brewersdiscount on this site in the first place and recommended people look at getting their kegs there (I'm serious, do a search way, way back). I have ordered from BD half a dozen times, I did get an order with missing stuff once and they fixed the problem on the next order with no worries.

I think this string of events and this thread have really hurt BD/RCB for orders from Australia and they deserve it really.

The downside is I figure that orders from Australia consitute such a small fraction of their business that we wont even be detected as missing from their sales. So really it's going to be us that lose out as we will lose this line of cheap kegging bits and pieces. By the look of that last email it wouldn't surprise me if they come out with a blanket statement like "We no longer ship to Australia", given that little incite into their attitude/nature.

Oh well.

Cheers, Justin

mongo said:
joel -
I am definitely intrigued. I'll put my vote in to have a look at the e-mail, for sure!
Cheers,
Steve.

PS - I take it that your issue wasn't resolved?

Steve/Mongo:
Please feel free to post the emails/details I just sent you. I think I sent them to you instead of to this group, which I intended.

Re resolution, I guess it is similar to your situation: RCB/Brewer Discount indicated they would replace or I could re-order, but insisted I was trying to return what I mistakenly ordered. So while Terry's main goal was to insist he had made no error and that I did, he couldnt seem to understand I just wanted to know if I could get what I wanted... Then he got offensive and the issue was dropped because I wont deal with jerks like him...

Latest posts

Back