Brewer's Gold Hops In Australia?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T.D
You are spot on, $25 well spent. I reckon Pat will point to the back door of his shop & tell me "they are out there somewhere!" He has a nice view from the shop, but maybe too close in bush fire season.

I spotted in your signature that you are doing a side by side Nottingham Dry & Liquid yeast comparison, any joy there yet? I brewed a few dark beers on the White Labs Nottingham a few months ago. Good, user friendly yeast. I posted a question on AHB about it but didn't get an answer.
James

Yeah, It was/is quite an interesting experiment James - I brewed a double batch so the wort is identical, I pitched and bottled the beers at the same time and the fermenters sat next to each other in the same conditions the whole time. The two beers finished just one point different in FG so it should make for a fairly good comparison. Based on taste tests from the fermenter I must say I preferred the flavour from the liquid Nottingham version. It seemed to have a much more robust and "meaty" flavour, with a richer mouthfeel. The dry version was similar but just seemed "weak" by comparison. It will be interesting to see how they compare once carbed up and chilled down. I'll post a detailed rundown when I get a chance to taste the final result!

must say I preferred the flavour from the liquid Nottingham version. It seemed to have a much more robust and "meaty" flavour, with a richer mouthfeel. The dry version was similar but just seemed "weak" by comparison. It will be interesting to see how they compare once carbed up and chilled down. I'll post a detailed rundown when I get a chance to taste the final result!

Hey T.D. you did the liquid vs. dry Nottingham?

Well done! :super: be interested to hear your findings as the beers round out some more.

Warren -

Just cleared customs & we should have them available by the end of this week :)

cheers Ross
@Ross , i just wanted to ask...do i need to be a Retailer to import hops or can anyone do it ?

cheers

cL

@Ross , i just wanted to ask...do i need to be a Retailer to import hops or can anyone do it ?
If you mean "order via mail order from the USA (or UK)" then a search will show you that numerous people here have done that without problem.
If you mean "import in bulk lots" ... well, I'll have to less Ross answer that.

cheers

cL

CL, anyone can import hops, but you are restricted to pellets & plugs. Hop flowers (from NZ excepted) cannot be imported by the public.

Cheers Ross

CL, anyone can import hops, but you are restricted to pellets & plugs. Hop flowers (from NZ excepted) cannot be imported by the public.

Cheers Ross
a week later but thanks Ross ! it certainly looks a cheaper option.

cL

Latest posts

Back