Brewers Confessional Booth

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amiddler

Reaction score
OK so I have been thinking of this topic for a while. Why not have one place were every brewer can post a sin that they think "I shalt never do that again" ? Well here it is. I am thinking that if every brewer on the forum posts there biggest NO NO, then this will become a very handy topic to new brewers and we might end up with "The 10 Brewing Commandments". I will start and might add that I am by no means religious,

Fellow brewers forgive me for I have sinned, "Yesterday whilst boiling an extract beer with Amarillo and Cascade hops, It boiled over on me."

OK so it's not the biggest sin (Is it?) but I would love to see "This hop doesn't go with that brew, and I will never do it again" posted so that younger brewers can learn from others mistakes.

I also have a trade (Sheet metal) and always go by the rule of "You will learn by your mistakes" but the only thing better than that is, Learn by others mistakes.

I hope this takes off, :p

Drew

Good one Drew.

Forgive me Father Ted for I have sinned. I used to believe everything I read or was told in relation to brewing.

I will be saying my Hail Marys before I go to bed tonight!

C&B
TDA

I'll have a go -

Fellow brewers forgive me because I have sinned: On the 3rd of August I brewed a Kolsch, my friend was over and I decided "oh bugger it, I'll clean up tomorrow" ....... I cleaned up the brewery tonight. Mash tun still full, dregs and trub still in the kettle, lines and coils still with wort in them...

LOTS of green fuzzy and black slimey stuff ensued -

My penance was 2hrs worth of scrubbing and circulating boiling percarbonate solution and chucking out most of my hoses.

I have learned my lesson and I shall not sin again.

Of course - thats what I said last time.........

Thirsty

Forgive me OH spirits of the universe ,dead or alive, for not planning my purchases from Craftbrewers and alike, spending way to much money on brewing equipment.

Fellow brewers forgive me because I have sinned:same story as thirsty, just substitute "kolsch" for "Mild", and it was just the mash tun. Talk about a foul smell....
Oh. And it wasn't my tun. Sorry, Muckey :lol:

dunno why your apologising to me for. I'm just happy for not being the 1 that had to clean it!!!

Forgive me beer gods for I have sinned

My inaction has lead me to not yet begin all grain brewing. It is true that I have used false methods and as pennance I must do the work of preparing the boil kettle and HLT and purchase some plumbing. (Beer belly is probably going to learn to love me when I get this project going :D )

[quote post='343083' date='Aug 14 2008, 10:45 PM']forgive me because[/quote]

I was stupid enough to read this thread? :eek:

Warren -

Latest posts

Back