"brewbuilder" Discussion Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered the St bernardus 12 off brewbuilder,for my 20l B.M.Been in the bottle around 2.5mths now,cracked one the other night......bloody lovely :icon_drool2:

This is an example of how dedicated Mark is - he sources the commercial example and researches the history and production methods of the beer.

We were over at the shop today judging the last of the NSW beers and were struggling with the Dark Strong Belgians - mark popped the cap on a bottle of St bernardus 12 (which is one of the stated commercial examples) to give us a reference point.

"This is why we brew ... " he was heard to mutter into the vouminous foam head ....

Enjoy your version ....

Dave

Have done the Fat Tire and Benchmark Brown, while they were good brews I think my taste buds have been ruined by too many big IIPA's and APA's. The hop bite was not there for me.

Have done the Fat Tire and Benchmark Brown, while they were good brews I think my taste buds have been ruined by too many big IIPA's and APA's. The hop bite was not there for me.

Really?

I'm mashing the brown now, perhaps up the cascade?

batz

Just legged the Fat Tyre. I set it 40lt, boiled it down to 35 or so, 1.061 OG, and dry hopped some citra. For an Amber Ale, it's the best IPA I've ever tasted.

buying a few of the brewbuilder recipes for my next batches. Thinking of getting the endeavor amber ale, Dogfish head 60min IPA and the golden galaxy wheat ale. Anybody tried these recipes?

I put an order in for the endeavor for pickup tomorrow. I'll be brewing this weekend. I think I changed it slightly, though, from memory. I'll let you know if you like.

I am drinking the Brewbuilder Endeavour now....WOW. its great. I think it will be my new house APA for a while.
I brewed the Grolsch on the weekend. Will let u know how it turns out, but I will never use rice again in a BM. I just boiled the rice the night before and added it to the mash but it was just one big conjelled mass. Should of done a little part cereal mash with it.

The Endeavour (AKA Invasion Ale), is in the keg. Tasted good outta the fermenter. All the flavored I expect from an APA. Nice poss yellow color and nice attenuated to 75ish.

I cheated and made a slurry off the old US05 cake, which kick started the ferment off nicely.

I have brewed many from brewbuilder and all have been good even the budget ones mark has with cheap great are good so no complaints here.

Am i missing something?
i signed up for brewbuilder on mark's site, but haven't gotten an email back and can't see anything on the site to get to it :(

Am i missing something?
i signed up for brewbuilder on mark's site, but haven't gotten an email back and can't see anything on the site to get to it :(

Helps if you are one of Marks customers. ;)

Am i missing something?

I'm not sure I ever got a confirming email, but I know I am a member of the site and, of course, a customer of MHB.

All I do is to go to his website, http://www.ubrew.com.au/web/index.asp, Login in the Member Login, and click on Open BrewBuilder in the Member box.
It should open up for you.
Then, in the right hand side of the BrewBuilder page you'll see Ubrew's list. Click on the little arrow at the right hand side of the empty box, and a list should pop up.
Simply select the recipe you are interested in.
Click to highlight, and click load.
Then it should open for you.
Repeat the last two steps for further recipes.

Not the most intuitive of sites, but it works well. Some great and proven recipes there.

Just signed up. It logged me in automatically, but there is no "Open BrewBuilder" option in the Member Box, as outlined by warra, above.

Have since logged out and logged back in, but alas, not option to enter the BrewBuilder part of the site... odd.

I am drinking the Brewbuilder Endeavour now....WOW. its great. I think it will be my new house APA for a while.
I brewed the Grolsch on the weekend. Will let u know how it turns out, but I will never use rice again in a BM. I just boiled the rice the night before and added it to the mash but it was just one big conjelled mass. Should of done a little part cereal mash with it.

O.T.....SJW have used rice in my 20l B.M. Cooked it the night before and stirred it through the mash,no dramas.Dunno maybe it more arse than class for me,that's the way it usually goes! :beer:

Just signed up. It logged me in automatically, but there is no "Open BrewBuilder" option in the Member Box, as outlined by warra, above.

Have since logged out and logged back in, but alas, not option to enter the BrewBuilder part of the site... odd.

yep, same for me
no brewbuilder option

I went through this 2 weeks ago, you have to wait until your granted access " approved" to actually use the Brewbuilder software and make an order.

I tried making an order (my first) without using the brewbuilder and was shunned somewhat. Never ended being processed, not much communications so ended up going elsewhere...

I think the system has potential, but its a bit over complicated if your already using brewing software and just want to make an online order.
In this regard CB and GG ordering system is much more user friendly for online ordering.

I am sure things / experiences would be different if going into the store in person.

Oh, going into store is great
Mark is a great guy, and will talk your ear off giving a near endless amount of advice and whatnot
I wish i lived closer so i could actually go back more often

The concept of Brewbuilder is great wether you want to clone a beer as per the database or get the ingredients for your own recipe.
I am keen to use this service to avoid purchases of specialty grain and hops which, quite often sit around the brewery fo far too long and end up being wasted, however, when I use the freight calculator to estimate the total cost of a brew the freight component is absolutely rediculous for an order for a 20 ltre brew from the store to Port Lincoln.
I would be prepared to order multiple packs of recipes if a cheaper form of transport was available.
All that said, it is a great service if you have the ability to walk into the shop or live reasonably close so as to be in a cheap freight zone.
Cheers

The only issue I've found with BB (and its my issue - not the software) is that it pays to think and order ahead.

Now I order Monday or Tuesday for a Friday pick up. Problem solved.

If blokes are having difficulty logging, give Mark a call or go into the shop. Mark or Shaun (spelling) will be happy to help and answer questions.

Back