BrewBit on Kickstarter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered one a few months ago, post kickstarter, but haven't received it yet. Website is now saying August delivery, but hopefully I am not waiting that long.

Hmmm - Saw that - maybe I will wait and see what happens. Can you post back when it arrives?? It sure looks the goods and great price.

Just got mine (international version) about 1wk ago. Their forum is pretty active, might be the best place to ask about alternative uses.

Yes I got mine a couple of weeks ago and am currently using it for a lager brew and love the ability to ramp temperature and set profiles. The concept is great but this thing is really only a beta test unit and is full of bugs. I love the web interface, but I find I have to program some aspects on the unit itself and others through the web interface, and then sometimes it does odd thinks and resets my hysteresis value or something like that. So I need to check it constantly to make sure it is operating as intended. There were a few issues with using it in celcius mode with it setting the unit to crazy temps, but that seems to have been fixed, at least partially. I have used it in PID and on/off mode with the probe in a thermowell and both perform similarly in my chest freezer fermentation chamber with heat pad,keeping it in a 0.5C range of target. It tends to overcool constantly and I was hoping in PID mode that it would learn and adjust this, but no such luck yet. It seems to constantly cycle between heating and cooling which is not ideal. I will post some profiles etc when I get some time during the week. I think this has the potential to be great, but personally I would wait a few months until the bugs are ironed out.

Latest posts

Back