Brew supplies in brisbane

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_Mick_

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Just wondering if anyone can recommend any good brew supply shops in the brisbane area? Particularly south, south west area. Just moved from Darwin and need some new gear.

Cheers
Mick

Hmmmm............. well you have Craftbrewer at Capallaba, Quality Home Brew at Underwood and a Brewers Choice store at Wacol spring to mind.

I go to Quality Homebrew for smaller things or when I don't have time to get to Craft Brewer. The 6:30 open time is quite helpful. They have a fairly even split between beer supplies and liquor stuff. Staff are friendly

The range at Craft Brewer is awesome and the staff are brilliant. Very knowledgable. Don't take your credit card with you!!! he he

Ok cool, thanks guys ill start checking them out, I like the sound of this craftbrewer you speak of...

Cheers
Mick

Does craftbrewer have a shop front? I had a look at their website and I got the feeling it was an online store only...

Nope definitely a real place. Although not open on Sundays or Mondays. The also have brewery onsite where you can sample a few cheeky brews if your so inclined.

OT - I went to QHBS on Friday to pick something up as I work near there and they had a heap of hops that were in boxes around the shop unrefrigerated <_< . Just picked up some grain instead.

Yes CB's shop is at Capalaba, in Christine Place. Link.

As mentioned Craftbrewer are the duck's nuts :D . I'm in Sydney and I still order most of my stuff from them.

Ross and the fellas are a fine bunch :beerbang:

Craftbrewer stock a great range of products. And service and advice is always spot on.

A quick wander around the shop always turns up a few things that aren't on the website.

Best to take angus_grants advice and leave your credit card at home. I know i've been there often for a pack of yeast or a bag of hops and walked out wih $100+ worth of stuff.

Haha, sounds like the place to be... Judging by their website they have a massive range so I would love to have a look in the shop. I will take your advice though Angus and leave the credit card at home... I have a tendency to get a bit carried away in shops like that.

I have always been and still am a huge fan of CraftBrewer - who sponsor this forum - and even here in NSW I use them for anything I can get delivered in a Fastway satchel. However when I was still in Brisbane I noted that Brewers Choice are a good close second - especially in full sack purchases of grains, and if you are close to one of their outlets they are also an excellent source of advice and product. To the OP you are fortunate to have moved to Brisbane where you have such a good choice of suppliers.

Back