Brew Stand Design --- |

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished upgrade Mk IV today. Pump repositioned for simplicity of plumbing, and all fittings now stainless steel.

Brew_Rig_Mk_IV_1.JPG Brew_Rig_Mk_IV_5.JPG

One pump is all you need! I double batch, fly sparge, whirlpool, and chill all with one.

Mk V upgrade in the planning: Install multiple timer in Control Box and Upgrade the HEX.

Screwy

Love it Mike!

My upgrade is still in the planning and acquisition stages. Have all the control boxes, wiring, and power parts I need, now just need the BrewTroller and associated hardware, plus some more stainless bits and pieces, as well as some stainless 1/2 tube....

Cheers

Today saw an upgrade to my HLT - went with a cheapy 90L Chinese Stainless pot - will be adding insulation later today - and installed a sight gauge, and a KegKing weldless element (from Craftbrewer). A couple of bits are still in brass due to a lack of stock at CB and everywhere else I tried, but this will be remedied ASAP!

photo.JPG

photo_1.JPG

Will be more than big enough for my needs, but will also be upgrading the Kettle (RHS of pic) from a 60L Aluminium to either a 70L or 90L stainless (price dependent) and then the kettle will become the new Mash Tun.

Cheers

I like that rack of yours, Yardy. Your set up is an absolute cracker too. I think this will be the type of design I'll go for later on down the track.

thanks cobber, if nothing else, make sure you add the dump valve in the bottom of the mash tun, the MLT is emptied and rinsed by the time the kettle is coming to boil, the best time saving part of the brewery.

2.jpg

Yard

Nice idea Yardy! Will definitely be looking at that with my current upgrade!

Cheers

thanks cobber, if nothing else, make sure you add the dump valve in the bottom of the mash tun, the MLT is emptied and rinsed by the time the kettle is coming to boil, the best time saving part of the brewery.

2.jpg

Yard

Hey Yard!

You sure that mounting bracket will hold the march pump securely??? :blink:

Screwy

yeah mate, same answer as the last time you asked me, i robbed it off a mine site and left it as is, just in case i go big ;)

Faarrk... I wish I hadn't brought up this thread...

Now I am contemplating options I never even thought about!

Thanks all and also f*ck y'all...

Cheers!

Yardy, prolly a stupid question. How does the dump valve get rid of the grain with that false bottom in place? Or am I totally looking at it wrong?
I eventually want an easier way to dump the grain to a bucket than carrying the mash run downstairs and tipping it out.

Yardy, prolly a stupid question. How does the dump valve get rid of the grain with that false bottom in place? Or am I totally looking at it wrong?
I eventually want an easier way to dump the grain to a bucket than carrying the mash run downstairs and tipping it out.

Prac,
mate i've just got a 500ml jug that i remove 90% of the grain with, into a 20lt bucket until the FB is exposed, rip the FB out and hose the remaining kilo or so out the dump valve into the 20lt which is now under the valve, takes under 5 min.

Yard

Ah... Making more sense now. Way more.
Just an interesting thing I noticed then. With the manifold disconnected, my pump managed to get that much grain out of the drain valve on the side of it. Hmnnnnnn that might be easier to do. Cheers.
PS: I like the foolish side more.

yardy, your an ideas man you are. used your idea for false bottom and the drain hole is the go. I just have a hose that I connect to the lowest point run it outside.
mashtun.JPG

Just finished upgrade Mk IV today. Pump repositioned for simplicity of plumbing, and all fittings now stainless steel.

View attachment 51819 View attachment 51818

One pump is all you need! I double batch, fly sparge, whirlpool, and chill all with one.

Mk V upgrade in the planning: Install multiple timer in Control Box and Upgrade the HEX.

Screwy

Well done Mike, bit of action since my visit on Thursday.
You need a beer here next week :party:

QUESTION;

One tier batch sparging vs lifted HLT, fly sparging? Opinions needed PLEASE!

If you have a spot in the shed and the height, I could not see why you would not want an elevated HLT. It rarely needs cleaning, drape a hose into the vessel, tap on, and its on its way to being filled.

This means you can have your other 2 vessels at a lower accessible level and use just 1 pump.

I can fly or batch sparge with mine Cocko. Compact rig size too. :)

My Rig Thread MkII

DSCN4116.JPG

yardy, your an ideas man you are. used your idea for false bottom and the drain hole is the go. I just have a hose that I connect to the lowest point run it outside.

nice work, got a shot of the FB ?
why has your vessel been cut and welded twice btw ?

Yard

Well done Mike, bit of action since my visit on Thursday.
You need a beer here next week :party:

The job I had on for Friday ended up only taking 2 hrs :angry: On the phone they have all this work that needs doing, then when you arrive the job has been cut down. Spent beerday afternoon on the upgrade then the evening looking at it and drinking to the nice work :icon_drunk:

Yeah I need to eyeball that BM!

Screwy

The job I had on for Friday ended up only taking 2 hrs :angry: On the phone they have all this work that needs doing, then when you arrive the job has been cut down. Spent beerday afternoon on the upgrade then the evening looking at it and drinking to the nice work :icon_drunk:

Yeah I need to eyeball that BM!

Screwy

Bugger I could have come on Friday instead and then we could have had a couple. :party:

Oh well there's always next week .

Batz

Finished off the control box tonight. Those Chinese Timers might be cheap, but boy without instructions they take some time to wire and program :lol:

Before

Brew_Rig_Mk_IV_5_ante_Timer.jpg

now
Brew_Rig_Mk_IV.1_3.JPG

View attachment 51819 View attachment 51818

Screwy

:icon_drool2: :icon_drool2:

Yard

This is a great idea, mate.

Mk V Completed...........finally.

Timer installed, some plumbing mods to suit whirlpooling and chilling.

Brew_Rig_V_1.JPG Brew_Rig_V_8.JPG

Mk VI in the workshop (upgraded HE) :lol:

Back