Brew Rig/platform Ideas.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mschippr

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm trying to get some ideas together for building a platform/rig for my brew pot, burner, plate chiller, mash tun, etc.

I like the one that beerbelly have Brewboy2 rig/platform but cant afford the luxury.

What i was thinking is trying to weld together a basic thing with the father inlaws MIG welder and some steel tubing (not SS) from the local hardware store.

The other idea is to get an old school desk and put a metal top on it (or something non-flamable due to the burner)

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks,
MARK.

Mark,
Plenty of rig options in the gallery section of AHB.
I'd recommend:
1. Allow for flexibility
2. Mesh top to allow gas burner to operate underneath to heat your HLT/kettle
3. Any future expansion plans to use pumps, etc? assuming so then refer to 1 above ;)
4. You can go gravity / tiered system, depending on shed room and headspace.

My 2c.

I agree with all your points there.

Problem is i dont have a shed at my place, well i do but its just a tool shed (at this stage). I was planing to have the setup as compact as possible or maybe in a number of peices so it can be disassembled for storage.

I was planing to have the setup as compact as possible or maybe in a number of pieces so it can be disassembled for storage.

Same here.

Any pics suggestion greatly appreciated

Cheers

I use an old BBQ trolley, ok its grotty looking and really needs some paint and polish but it has wheels on it and is easy to move around.
every hard rubbish night there are heaps of old BBQ's left out just waiting to be recycled as cheap brewing stands,
note the inovative use of the hotplates and grill :rolleyes:

if you need a quick stand its perfect, no welding just bung ya gear on and make beer!!

next hard rubbish night I am going to upgrade to something with a bit more bling ;)

Hi,

I'm trying to get some ideas together for building a platform/rig for my brew pot, burner, plate chiller, mash tun, etc.

I like the one that beerbelly have Brewboy2 rig/platform but cant afford the luxury.

What i was thinking is trying to weld together a basic thing with the father inlaws MIG welder and some steel tubing (not SS) from the local hardware store.

The other idea is to get an old school desk and put a metal top on it (or something non-flamable due to the burner)

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks,
MARK.

check out your local tip/refuse shop first, maybe there's a stand of some sort (bbq as above) that you can modify, might save you a bit of work, my guess is the hardware shop pipe will be thin walled crap that will be a pain in the ar$e to work with.

cheers
Yard

G,day Yardy

My local tip shop has at least 6 BBQ's just sitting there and usually $5.00 - $15.00 each.

Im thinking i will do my rig in slotted angle iron, think it was Jayse that gave me the idea. easiest option i have come up with, if i dont like it i can rebuild it the way i like with out much head ache. I think you can get the stuff at para mount browns 10 3m lengths for $100. Trying to source the same thing in galv, i noticed bunnings had it but at $30 for 3m dont think it will come from them.

I have mongolian burners so it has to be built in, so feel this is my best option.

Back