Brew Masters - Sam Caglione's New Discovery Channel Brewing Realit

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After watching ep3 last night I decided to try some Tamarillos on the BBQ tonight!
Now I can see how they found the beer so bitter in the pre fermenting tasting.

I wasn't really a fan. I normally like bold flavors.
I'll probably end up being a fan down the track!

I learned something from this episode, and that is if I want to appreciate a beer I should have it right before lunch (and maybe dinner too). Which sounds like pretty good advice to me.

I learned something from this episode, and that is if I want to appreciate a beer I should have it right before lunch (and maybe dinner too). Which sounds like pretty good advice to me.
What about breakfast? :D

Don't forget you should also drink it whilst sitting in your kids treehouse.

Don't forget you should also drink it whilst sitting in your kids treehouse.

Pity the episodes seem to be out of chronological order as the treehouse was there in the first few episodes. Bet the boys at the brewery had a good cry after this show. :eek:

Edit: I can appreciate a good beer any hour of the day but it is true sometimes the same beer tastes sensational and other days just good.

Pity the episodes seem to be out of chronological order as the treehouse was there in the first few episodes. Bet the boys at the brewery had a good cry after this show. :eek:

I noticed that too.

My guess is they didn't want their first episode to demonstrate a major cockup resulting in a half million dollar loss.

It would have set a bad tone for the series.

Something else I noticed is you see them pouring sacks of I presume malted barley into the mash tun but it does not appear to be milled. I was wondering if they get pre milled grain from their malt suppliers.

I wouldn't think so, they probably mill it and dump it back in sacks for ease of transport.

Episode 5 Ancient Ales is up on Channel BT Link to Isohunt

Show is on Thursday night on Discovery in the USA

Anybody know if there is any more episodes of this series to come?

I have only been able to locate five so far seemed to have stopped just before Xmas.

I hope they have more coming up. I am watching it over and over again jus for kicks

Should be soon

All the american tv shows stopped of xmas.

Family guy, simpsons, top gear US, american dad, cleveland show, robot chicken and desperate housewives all started again last week :D

Should be soon

All the american tv shows stopped of xmas.

Family guy, simpsons, top gear US, american dad, cleveland show, robot chicken and desperate housewives all started again last week :D

There was all kinds of discussion on Twitter about this a couple of weeks ago - Discovery confirmed there are six episodes but the date for the airing of the sixth episode about setting up a restaurant in NYC has not been announced.

Discovery also tweeted that they have not yet decided as to whether there will be a second season.

I think SWMBO mentioned something about a facebook update from Sam saying he was busy doing voice overs for an episode.

logo.png

Check out SickBeard with Sabnzbd.

Chuck in your favourite shows and SB will auto-dl the minute it's pre'd - in your preference of HD, SD, first available, first available to be replaced with HD as available and more ;)

reVox

Back