Heads Up: new series of Fargo starts 17 May on SBS

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feldon

caveat brasiator
Reaction score
Just a heads up for those like me intoxicated with this, the best dramas series on TV.

The third series starts tomorrow 17 May at 8:30pm on SBS. You don't have to have seen the other two series to watch this one. Although I've read that there are some cross-over references to past characters.

SBS is showing the first three weeks as double episodes, which will eventually bring the Australian showing into sync with the US (which began showing weekly single episodes several weeks ago).

For those new to Fargo, it is the most intelligent, quirky, broody, and best acted, and best photographed series of modern times (IMO). Exec-Produced by the Cohen Bros (what more can I say).

You can watch episode 1 now on the 'SBS On Demand' web site (free reg.)

Be aware, its quirky so give it at least half an hour before you pass judgment. In particular the first 6 minutes are a separate plot line (that will probably not be referred to until later - if at all, except perhaps philosophically). They do that shit. The director and producers are playing with your mind, but you will not realise it until later. It does not pander to endless 'character development' scenes which bloat out other drama series. Fargo hits you in the face and moves on. Fast story line, although it doesn't feel like it. Watch every little thing in every frame; everything is there for a purpose. Enjoy!

Agree, this is one of my television viewing highlights for the year, at least that's​ my expectation based on the past series. The first episode currently streaming on SBS On Demand wasn't quite as intense as it's predecessors, but very much in the Fargo vein for sure.

Have already set it up for series record. Too late for me to watch at night, as I tend to fall asleep after about 8pm, as I'm usually up by 5am mornings.

Been watching through the previous series again, which SBS has rebroadcast recently.

Brilliant, thanks for the tip.

Loved the first 2 series.

Very quirky, Sioux Falls was not what I thought it would be.

(Hope I got the reference right, it's been a little while)

I've resolved to watch the movie that spawned the series and begin there first before I semi spoil it for myself like I did by starting with season 4 of Game of Thrones..
I've been a fan of Frances McDormand ever since Mississippi Burning. Shes also popped up in this one to. Cant comment on the movie, but she's in full crotch kicking mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jit3YhGx5pU

Yep been watching this one and it is on par with the previous Fargo seasons, oh yes Dave 70, Frances McDormand was great in Burn after Reading too, after all she is married to Joel Coen. :huh:

Black humour and how things can just go wrong. :)

Well, after watching Ep.2 last night I have many disturbing thoughts.

But bloody hell - the graffiti!

Wonder whether Banksy was watching and is now planning to take his chosen medium to a whole new level.

Police shooting in US of Australian woman and Fargo may not be fiction.

Trying best not to spill any spoilers but watching the first season I couldn't help but nickname it Planet Fargo. The quirky theme of people made me think their all from, or on another planet. So the second season, well, I'll stop there....:rolleyes:.
Is their a third season yet?

Latest posts

Back