Brew Fridge Set-up

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom909

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a friend who is nicely offering me his spare fridge for free so i can use it for my brewing. However im pretty new to all of this so i was wondering if someone knew of a guide or tutorial in how to set up a fridge for brewing? i.e. installing a temp mate etc.

Thanks!

Do a search on this forum on things like beer fridge or brew fridge etc etc.....there should be something there.
No, doubt that you will get plenty of replies and advice on how to do this. What suburb are you in.......you may even have someone from here offer to come over and help you with it as we all love nothing more than helping our fellow brewers........and drinking good beer of course.

Cheers
Chris

I setup mine a few weeks ago. all i did was buy a fridge mate. follow the diagram in the instructions.
I also made it so i didnt have to cut the power cord on the fridge. i used computer cables ect so i could join them up.

If i get a chance i'll take some photo's. there was some soldering involved but we had that stuff at work.

as for the brewing part all i do is set my temp to what ever (doing lagers at the moment so 12-14 Degree's, usually set to 18-20 for ales.)

I put the sensor straight in the fermenter and it's fine.

Thanks guys. Ive had a bit of a look around, the info is all about wiring and stuff which is way over my head!

So if anyone in the newcastle area wants to help me out - there will be some brew in it for you!!

Latest posts

Back