Brew Enhancers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sparky said:
....Thos Cooper's Trad. Draught with a Munton's Light Malt. The results are startling. I've tried Black Rock Light Malt with this brew, however the Munton's I feel is the preformer & worth the extra cost.

Thos Cooper's Trad. Draught with the Munton's LME IMHO is a recipe for a damn good session beer. :) :)

Sparky, if you reckon the recipe's a good 'un. There's a thread running under Recipes called someting like "Your best kit beer". Throw your's into the mix, then it's easy to find again when I want to try it :D

bighanno said:
So can you replace suger/dextrose with light dry malt same kg for kg to the can mix?
[post="120696"][/post]​

From my experience, I will use either Kit can + 1Kg Dext (+100 - 200g malto)
or
Kit Can + 500g LME or ELME + Hops (+100 - 200g malto)

Or

3.4KG LME or ELME + Hops (+100 - 200g malto)

(and can also add Irish moss, Citric acid, Crystal grain (Steeped) etc etc etc)

I have not yet graduated to AG, mainly because I love the beer I am brewing so much. From the comments of friends, so do they. I have had plenty of people say that they (My Beers) are the best beer they've ever tasted.

For that reason I am very very curious about AG, but dont really have the equipment or time at this stage.

cheers

ATOMT :party:

All you K'n'K ers.

Go to your lhbs(not brewcraft,the supermarket chain) and purchase 2 kg of Light (DME) and a Kilo of dextrose.
500 gms of light crystal(caramunich)
500 gms Chocolate.
50 grams fuggles or goldings hops?pellets.
A sachet of US 56(dry finish) or so4(fruity finish)

Buy a can of whatever,(lager/draught/ale/amber etc...)

Crack/Crush 125 grams of crystal plus 50 grams of choc and steep.
Strain and boil in 5/7 litres of water with 750 gms DME and 250 gms of dextrose,plus 25 gms hops for 15 mins.
Turn off heat and stir in can of goo.
Strain into fermenter top up to 20 litres and pitch with either yeast strain and ferment @ 18/20c(no higher).

This will give you a nice malty/amber type ale of around 4.5/5% based on a lighter kit,with colour and maltines increasing with the darker kits.
These ingredients will get you at least 2 brews b4 you need to buy some more hops or DME to experiment further.

The key is the addition of specialty grains ,hops for flava ,and a better yeast.

With these ingredients as a base ,and a top up from time to time as stuff gets low you will be able to make/experiment with a range of beers without relying on a brewshops (mystery) enhancer that is based on price ,not flava.

Great one BRAULOVER..
Just what i have been going to do.... but did not know if it will work
Crushed a cup of Carapils ,cup of Crystal,1/2 cup of Choc..
Can of Coopers Lager ,so4,DME,Dextrose,corn syrup,Hops i have POR
and TETNANG....
I prefer a Light Beer..I get too drunk otherwise...
2 KILO Malt....???????
thanks n cheers
PJ

Brauluver said:
All you K'n'K ers.

500 gms Chocolate.

[post="129169"][/post]​

I take it you mean chocolate malt ?? :blink:

Mika Lika
Misprint ....Braulover probably had drunken fingers..
Says 50 grm further down...Any way i am gunna try it..
Got everything here and raring to go...Tomorrow..
Cheers
PJ

Cool, let us know what happens.

Think Brauluver was saying to buy 500gms upfront, and then whittle it away in 50gm increments.

Just wanted to make sure he meant grains and not Cadbury's Dark Cooking Chocolate :D

Mika LIka
Spot on i think we have to be sober ourselves when reading posts
Sorry brau
PJ

mika_lika said:

Think Brauluver was saying to buy 500gms upfront, and then whittle it away in 50gm increments.

Just wanted to make sure he meant grains and not Cadbury's Dark Cooking Chocolate :D
[post="129202"][/post]​

Correct,and yes its grains.They(Choc) will add a nice amber/brown hue.

Latest posts

Back