Brew Day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhilA

Reaction score
G'day all
Just had a beaut brew day I did a AndrewQld , Bosum Bitter 2nd one so far it comes out really goooood !lol
and the second was my English Pale Ale which is equally nice and damn drinkable ,what has other brewed today ?
Cheers Phil :icon_chickcheers:

G'day all
Just had a beaut brew day I did a AndrewQld , Bosum Bitter 2nd one so far it comes out really goooood !lol
and the second was my English Pale Ale which is equally nice and damn drinkable ,what has other brewed today ?

Not today, but my first AG I ever brewed was a AndrewQld , Bosum Bitter;
at AndrewQld's house :chug:

QldKev

G'day all
I knocked out my first lager. Just a simple pilsener with Saaz. Sat in the cube now and feeling those good post-brew feelings. Only AG #4 but enjoying it more each time as I get a little more control over the process.

My first time not brewing an English Ale of some kind. Another George Gale's for me next w/end, the Festival Mild which is a delicious winter warmer.

Congrats on your double. :cheers:

Yup, real AG lagers originally scared the shyte out of me, not least due to the local water here on Bribie Island which isn't the best (as he's mentioned in the post, AndrewQLD lives in Bundaberg where the water is so soft and pure you can brew a Helles or a Bo Pils straight out of the tap - note Andrew's fine result with a Helles in the State comp last year) . However you just have to jump into lager brewing and I've surprised myself.

Today later (off beddies now) I'm doing a mild for the club comps coming up. Usual suspects like Choc Chit, carafa and a 70 degree mash etc. :icon_cheers:

Today I am doing NickJDs xxxx clone albeit with s-189 and a Dr Smurtos golden ale. These will be my 2nd and 3rd BIAB s respectively. Going to do a proper no chill this time, rather than straight into the fermenter, leaving on the back steps overnight and pitching in the morning.

A quick question. The AA% for this years Amarillo has gone from 8.9 to 8.2 %. Doesn't sound like much, but will it require a different weight to be used in the brew?

It's only a difference of ~2-3 IBUs over the whole batch, though there's a lot of different factors at play.

Back