Brew Day And Tasting Of A Few American Beers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll have to grab something at the Wine Room, they've usually got some Hunter Brewery bottles amongst the more usual suspects. Will be a bit later than 10.30 in that case. Need some nibblies?

Feel free to bring some along if you wish mate.

Hi Tony,

Sorry, not going to be able to make it, I'm still over the driving limit from our staff party last night.

Was really looking forward to some of those as well....not happy.

Cheers Ross

I'm running late but will get there B)
(Road work willing)

I wanna come now...

Just looked for your address, but couldn't find it.....PM sent.

If it makes you PM me back faster - I have DFH 120min IPA to bring.

PB

Good day BD, THANX :beer:

Pics or it didn't happen.....

:)

Jeebers, so many beers, Thanks to Ben, Liam, Dave, Perry, Nate and Ken for your company, so many beers and culminating in th DHF 120min IPA, god what a beer, pure hop liqueuer. I have to say, I really put my brewing skills on show by doing a clone of the Dead Guy Pale ale we drank and somehow came up about 15 points short in the preboil gravity ( I'm glad everything else turned out alright)

Nick, pics tomorrow

cheers

Browndog

Browndog,

We should be thanking you Mate.

Ken brought the beers in :wub:, then you offered them up to share :wub: :wub:

You were brewing and cooking for us while we just sat around and drank awesome beers.

Great afternoon... Great company and beers.

I just wish I could have stayed a bit longer, but then I would have had to sleep next to your hop trellis and the locks on my house would have changed by the time I got home. :lol:

Lets do it again soon,

PB

Not too many pics unfortunately, Ken took some video of the brew to take home. The highlight had to be the Dog Fish Head 120min IPA, many thanks to Pocket beers for bring a few from his precious stash along.

Winkle, Bonj, Liam, Nate, Ken and Dave, enjoybg a few. Young Nicholas enjoying some conversation too

chilling.jpg

Showing off a few beers

showing_off.jpg

Boys will be boys

tree_climbing.jpg

The total, not including many HBs

the_beers.jpg

americans1.jpg

americans2.jpg

aussies1.jpg

aussies2.jpg

cheers

Browndog

Looks like you all had a great time, shame I couldn't make it down :( At lease I got two beers down yesterday, and onto the third :)

Cheers

Well that explains why I feel like s*it today.
Great day Tony, top company & the ribs/chook were excellent.

A massive thanks Tony for the great hospitality yesterday and the delicious food and beer. It was awesome meeting the crew and so much good beer a lot of fun.

Cheers guys!

A BBQ will be provided and the beers for tasting are
Dead Guy Ale
Mirror Pond Pale Ale
Fat Tyre Amber Ale
Kilt Lifter Scottish Ale
Moose Drool Brown Ale
Inversion IPA
Black Butte Porter and
Obsidian Stout
It's like reading the show list from The Jamil Show - Can You Brew It

That would have been some barbecue.

I've just had two of the best beer tasting days of my life, firstly with the Craftbrewer Xmas party at the German club (Thanks to Ross it was unreal) and then the next day at Tony's drinking awesome American and Aussie craft beer.

Fantastic company on both accounts and the food was to die for :super:

The Dogfish head 120min IPA was one of those beer drinking revalations as it is nothing like anything I've ever experianced before. Mindblowing :icon_drool2:

I'm sure the 'Almost dead guy ale' will be great.

Thanks again Tony, you are an exceptional host and a great bloke :icon_cheers:

P.S. I didn't even get hurt climbing that palm tree :lol:

Cheers,

Liam

I've just had two of the best beer tasting days of my life, firstly with the Craftbrewer Xmas party at the German club (Thanks to Ross it was unreal) and then the next day at Tony's drinking awesome American and Aussie craft beer.
Troydo's lap of the German Club pool table in his boxers was a highlight. Thanks to Ross for that one too

Back