Brew Day And Tasting Of A Few American Beers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

browndog

Are you bulletproof boy?
Reaction score
Brewers,
I have an American work colleague who is a HBer and came out to do some work on the Wedgetails and though the grapevine found out I was a brewer. Through Email, I asked him to bring out a couple of American beers if he could fit them in his luggage, when he arrived to my surprise brought 30 bottles with him. Due to illness I've had a few false starts, but some rain or shine, I'm having a brew day on Sat 5th Dec. Not a big all night piss up affair, just a good day, kicking off around 10am and finishing by dark. A BBQ will be provided and the beers for tasting are
Dead Guy Ale
Mirror Pond Pale Ale
Fat Tyre Amber Ale
Kilt Lifter Scottish Ale
Moose Drool Brown Ale
Inversion IPA
Black Butte Porter and
Obsidian Stout

All I ask is you bring a bottle of your favourite aussie micro beer for my workmate to try. Anyone interested, please let me know at the earliest oppertunity so I can organise the food.

cheers

Browndog

Will check with the Minister and see if we have any bookings I can't get out of.

I so want to see browndogs brewery in action!

Sounds great BD but as normal, I have to work to pay bills... <_< Have a great day guys and sounds like a good learning lesson there..... I really have to work on moving down that way and getting a job that would allow me to attend these get togethers.... :huh:

:icon_cheers: The Lonely Bay Brewer

Just one question; how are you getting to Adelaide? ... you are bringing this tour to Adelaide, yeah?

<_< <jealous> I really want to try that Fat Tre and Inversion IPA sometime.

;) Have a blast. I hope to see an update later with reviews.

BUGGER, just realised it clashes with the BABBs xmas do.

stay tuned

Browndog

Just one question; how are you getting to Adelaide? ... you are bringing this tour to Adelaide, yeah?

<_< <jealous> I really want to try that Fat Tre and Inversion IPA sometime.

;) Have a blast. I hope to see an update later with reviews.

Yes, as a big american beer fan it has been difficult having all those beers sitting here for the last few weeks. Will definitely let you know how they go down QB.

cheers

Browndog

Hey Tony, will be there with bells on...but not on the 5th hey...

cheers Ross

OK Brewers, due to a clash with a BABBs meeting the Brewday will be Saturday 12th of December. That's it final, finito, end of story, if noone can come, I'll drink them all myself.

cheers

Browndog

Bump, does anyone intend on coming?

-BD

Bump, does anyone intend on coming?

-BD

Browndog,

Looks like I'll be able to attend.

I'll confirm I've got no Xmas functions next weekend. If not, I'll be there with bells.

Cheers,

mossy

Certainly hope to be Tony - I'll confirm shortly.

cheers Ross

Are you near a railway station Tony?

Batz

Thought the BABBs BBQ had been cancelled... Dammit, will be down that way tomorrow too.. Oh well, have a good day all on the 12th :)

Still 10am start BD?
Hopefully her-in-doors can drive back B) (she's still not happy about driving back from Chap Chaps).

Still 10am start BD?
Hopefully her-in-doors can drive back B) (she's still not happy about driving back from Chap Chaps).

yes mate, 10-10:30 if you have a couple of aussie micro beers at home bring them along for my gernerous anerican work mate to try out.

cheers

Browndog

yes mate, 10-10:30 if you have a couple of aussie micro beers at home bring them along for my gernerous anerican work mate to try out.

cheers

Browndog

I'll have to grab something at the Wine Room, they've usually got some Hunter Brewery bottles amongst the more usual suspects. Will be a bit later than 10.30 in that case. Need some nibblies?

Back