Brew Club Xmas Party's..what Did Yours Do ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fcmcg

I had lotsa barrels on the old AHB..
Reaction score
G'day brewers..
Just wondering what peple did for their brew club xmas functions this year ?
We had an absolute cracker of a day , on Saturday the 12th Dec..i did hear it described as the "most relaxing , convivial and enjoyable party in a long , long time..."
We came to mine...( no horn blowing here)
We ate wood fired ( outta my wood fired oven ) Goat , lamb , turkey and pork with bruschetta pizza's for entree and dessert pizza's...for dessert...
We had John Kingston's best beer in show ( Vicbrew 2009 ) on tap plus 7 other variety's...not including the dozen or so different styles that were bottled...the only keg that got killed ( blow horn hard now ) was my Dr Smurto's Golden...
I will say it again...bugger...if your not in a club...JOIN ONE...
SWMBO had never met the brew crew before...she had such a great day...she said.."I think you may have lost your driver for brew club meetings..".
Can't complain though...she did win the door prize of a sixer of Red Duck mixed...
So what did your club do ?
Merry Christmas all
Cheers
Ferg

The Adelaide club has a bus trip- to Beard and Brau, then Vigara, lunch and lastly Dominic Versace.

Great day to be had by all.

BABBs cancelled theirs for lack of interest! :(

Code:
We ate wood fired ( outta my wood fired oven ) Goat , lamb , turkey and pork with bruschetta pizza's for entree and dessert pizza's...for dessert...

We had John Kingston's best beer in show ( Vicbrew 2009 ) on tap plus 7 other variety's...not including the dozen or so different styles that were bottled...the only keg that got killed ( blow horn hard now ) was my Dr Smurto's Golden...

I'm moving to Yarraville :lol:

ISB ers had a communal brew day, made 160l of wort and drank something like 30 different beers

Corio Bay Brewers enjoyed a night of bush camping at Mt Doran. Much red meat was consumed, many different styles of beer were drunk and apprecited and much rain fell (60mm overnight.) Those of us in swags were a little damp come sunrise, not that anyone complained. The traditional bacon and egg breakfast was cancelled due to the lack of dry wood with which to start a fire! A great weekend all the same.

As i have kept repeating...nothing like a brew club..
You might as well drink with like minded people....
I am so glad i joined mine this year...
Sounds like everyone ( well almost) had really good ones...with lots of different beers to try & enjoy
Cheers
Ferg

Melbourne Brewers had our usual bash at a member's holiday house in Mt Martha last Saturday.

Most attendees brought a keg with them, so between those and the bottles floating around there were plenty of good beers on offer to sample. I think at a roughy count there were at least 15 odd kegs - so no shortage.

With spit roasted meat, salads and desert there was plenty of food to keep the troops on their feet and sampling happily.

Good times, good beers and good people - what more can you ask for??

Brendo

Hills Brewers had a picnic at Cumberland State Forest. Great day with the kids running around and the adults kicking back throwing a few down. Then had our Xmas case swap at the end.

Next year we're doing the case swap first so it's not too confusing.

Latest posts

Back