BREW BOY BRAD'S FUND FOR BREWING

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brewboybrad

Reaction score
G'day all!

I'm new to this whole forum format of internetering but I'm here to give it a go because it seems this is where all the best people are! So excuse my way of talking or posting...just nudge me in the right direction if I'm out of place with how I do things!

Firstly I'd like to start off saying I've loved watching the craft beer scene grow over the past decade and am wanting to become a part of it myself now! Been doing a little bit of home brewing here and there and am financially crippled currently due to nobody bloody hiring me! I've started a GoFundMe page to try and drum up some support for my career goals! Along with the experience gained volunteering in breweries I'm hoping to get some great home brews done so I can impress my local home brew supplier (David Gumm) and to get them all to give me shining references so I can get into the Graduate Certificate in Malting and Brewing at the Uni. of Ballarat.

We all love beer and most here love brewing it, I'm hoping amongst you there are some generous folk to aide me on my quest to be a great Aussie craft beer brewer!!

Here's the link to my GoFundMe, please do what you can!
http://www.gofundme.com/d7gh7g

Also offer an advice, constructive criticism or even if you have stuff you can sell for cheap or give away that might help, would be great!

There's beer for all who contribute! ^_^

Cheers!

Brad

me whirpool.jpg

So just to clarify, you are looking for people to give you equipment and coin so you can be unemployed and brew?

Shit sign me up, this working for my money thing is getting old.

I am not having any luck with gaining employment so while failing to gain employment I am

- Volunteering in a brewery
- Looking to volunteer in other breweries
- Trying gain as much skills possible through home brewing but need equipment
- With home brews enter home brew comps and also gain the approval of my local home brew supply store
- Gather references from the breweries volunteered at along with home brew comp/store references
- Apply for paid work (if I haven't already got any) / apply for the Graduate Certificate in Brewing and Malting through Uni. of Ballarat.

Online Brewing Supplies said:
I take it your Australian but with a very fund me American approach ?
Well a lot of people I've spoken to thinks it's very Aussie, you know support the Aussie battler, help out your mates, get behind the little guy....all that kind of thinking. I am trying a lot of different ways to gain what I need including selling collectibles which I wanted to hand onto my own kids or nieces/nephews one day... but I have to do all I can or what is the point...right? So I try EVERY avenue.

brewboybrad said:
Well a lot of people I've spoken to thinks it's very Aussie, you know support the Aussie battler, help out your mates, get behind the little guy....all that kind of thinking. I am trying a lot of different ways to gain what I need including selling collectibles which I wanted to hand onto my own kids or nieces/nephews one day... but I have to do all I can or what is the point...right? So I try EVERY avenue.
By the sounds of it mate, your none of those things, you're just trying to get other people to pay so you can do something you enjoy.

Go shovel shit or push paperwork like the rest of us to fund your hobby.

Mods; feel free to edit or delete if this post breaks any rules.

Use some logic here people, read what I type and have some heart!

brewboybrad said:
I am not having any luck with gaining employment so while failing to gain employment I am

- Volunteering in a brewery
- Looking to volunteer in other breweries
- Trying gain as much skills possible through home brewing but need equipment
- With home brews enter home brew comps and also gain the approval of my local home brew supply store
- Gather references from the breweries volunteered at along with home brew comp/store references
- Apply for paid work (if I haven't already got any) / apply for the Graduate Certificate in Brewing and Malting through Uni. of Ballarat.

chug!chug! said:
Get out of here you Nigerian lunatic!

Donske said:
By the sounds of it mate, your none of those things, you're just trying to get other people to pay so you can do something you enjoy.

Go shovel shit or push paperwork like the rest of us to fund your hobby.

Mods; feel free to edit or delete if this post breaks any rules.

If anyone wants to employ me or offer advice other than my already intense efforts to find a job...or advice with anything go for it. But is it really necessary to act the way you are? REALLY?

Well, this is different.

If unknown people will give you money to brew beer, more power to you.

Yeah. I help out my mates. The only posts you've made on this forum are in this thread asking for money. So I'd have to say we're not mates.

You've contributed nothing to this forum and I have a feeling that's what you shall receive from it.

Spiesy said:
Well, this is different.

If unknown people will give you money to brew beer, more power to you.
It's called Crowd Funding, look it up! I don't want donations so I can drink...I want contributions to help my career path....and there is beer in it for those that contribute...so I can't see how I'm just asking for something for nothing..

StalkingWilbur said:
Yeah. I help out my mates. The only posts you've made on this forum are in this thread asking for money. So I'd have to say we're not mates.

You've contributed nothing to this forum and I have a feeling that's what you shall receive from it.
I've just joined because I have never liked the forum format. But on the advice of some highly regarded craft beer industry people they suggested here as a way to reach out to people.. Also I was warned there is a bunch of people with bad attitudes too.. Not saying you are @StalkingWilbur, you are at least logically explaining why you don't wish to contribute.

In regards to the graduate cert do you have a degree in anything? I know people have got in without before but Peter Aldred said that as so many people are applying now, if you dont have a degree you probably wont get in.

If you are employed by a brewery and get a reference your chances to get in increase.

Apparently in a few years its going to change to an undergraduate diploma so will be easier to get into.

brewboybrad said:
I've just joined because I have never liked the forum format. But on the advice of some highly regarded craft beer industry people they suggested here as a way to reach out to people.. Also I was warned there is a bunch of people with bad attitudes too.. Not saying you are @StalkingWilbur, you are at least logically explaining why you don't wish to contribute.
Bad attitudes? You're a random stranger asking for free money over the internet. That aint bad attitudes mate, its common sense

This is a great idea, money for nothing to "research" brewing..

please add your name to the list below.

1. brewboybrad
2. Rob.p

doon said:
In regards to the graduate cert do you have a degree in anything? I know people have got in without before but Peter Aldred said that as so many people are applying now, if you dont have a degree you probably wont get in.

If you are employed by a brewery and get a reference your chances to get in increase.

Apparently in a few years its going to change to an undergraduate diploma so will be easier to get into.
I've spoken with the Uni. of Ballarat and it is as you say difficult to get into with out a lot of educational backing. But on the advice of Andrew Tweddell I was told if I can get a lot experience in breweries and also get references from home brew comps/ home brew shops that I'd have a much greater chance. So that is why I am going the path I am.

I've already had Exit Brewing, Shark Island Brewing, HOPTV and others donate so obviously they see the merit in my methods. Others that are in NZ for Beervana are going to help out as soon as they return and recover.. hahaha. A bottle shop in Melbourne and a Craft Beer Club in Sydney are also going to contribute once they figure out what they can. So I can't see what all the upset reactions are about. A bunch of misinterpretation is my guess...Your reply was great, thanks @doon !

calobes said:
Bad attitudes? You're a random stranger asking for free money over the internet. That aint bad attitudes mate, its common sense
People do have the ability to ignore or say just no...their wording is what gives off the 'attitude'. If crowd funding works for others why not try this angle too? Maybe you all should! ^_^

This is the welcome forum where introductions are encouraged and noob bashing is discouraged.

brewboybrad said:
This is a wind up right?

On the off chance you're being serious, it's probably a good idea to go through and actually read the forum mate. This is the most reasonable and helpful forum I've been involved in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back