Brew Beers Resolution '11

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My single most important goal is the get the BIG new shed built by mid next year. Bar, brewery, workshop, you name it. Kegs etc will come after that,
And the usual brew what I drink :icon_cheers:

Get the 3V brewery set up properly. Brew more so I'm not spending so much on buying craft beer, cause I struggle drinking xxxx.

Well I aim to brew a beer that will give me a first place in a comp for I am tired of coming 2nd and 3rd . I have just purchased a march pump and some QD's and upgraded my rig with a herms , I got 6mt of copper in a 7 lt pot and aim to tweak my temps with it as the 2 brews I have done on it are all over the place at the mo .I aim to brew a beer that I can replicate not once but 4 or 5 times , as I have tried in the past and all of them have been nowhere near as good as my first attempt , so all the beers that I have produced have been one off's except for my dark wheat beer which has improved every time I have made it , 3 successful batches so far .

Do some partials, such as mashing some dark Munich for a dunkelweizen, build some shelves in the garage for brewfrudge, bottles and stuff and hopefully, if I get flowers out of my 1st year hop plant, brew with them. Bring on 2011!

As a chemist who hasn't mastered water chemistry this year is the year. I understand the theory (mostly) so its time to focus on putting it into practice.
As a non chemist who hasn't mastered water chemistry I think now is the time. I'm reasonably happy with most of my beers but the comparison beers at ANHC really made me want to get this sorted.

I also want to brew something nuts. 1.150+ nuts. 100% rye nuts. 4 million IBU nuts. Eis x 10 nuts. Brewdog are a bunch of girls nuts. And not necessarily in the same beer.
I want to brew something at least half as nuts as this. Or something with nuts. 95% of my beers are 4.5-5.5% beers that sit relatively well within BJCP styles. Now that I have built up stocks again it's time to branch out some more.

a few things:
# add grains into my brewing by the way of patials and hopefully be into full extract brewing.
# have a temp control fridge
# build a deck
# get wife pregnant.

1. Brew 2000L for the year.
2. Not get my wife pregnant.
3. Drink more (should help with 1 & 2).
4. Post an emoticon on AHB.
5. Not buy a slab of coopers.
6. Get a chiller.
7. Get a 2nd fermenting fridge (required to fulfil number 1).
8. Not use dry yeast.
9. Do my best to not be rude to people who tell me that corona is the best beer ever.
10. Use all of the grain & hops that I have here.
11. Buy more grain & hops.

There's others but I figured someone will link this thread this time next year so I've only posted achievable targets.

Best of luck to everyone with their brew years revolutions.

Clean the brewery
I guess I can extend this list.
1. Keep the brewery clean.
2. Brew a mead
3. Use the fermentation fridge more
4. Give electric a go.
5. Improve my Mashtun (or upgrade).
6. Keep brewing randomly
7. Stop stocking up on kits cos they're on special.

1 Go from Extract to BIAB brewing, probably means I will have to do a spreadsheet for BIAB and finish version 3.0 of the Kit & Extract spreadsheet.
2 After a few practice runs, set up brewery in garage to handle BIAB (stop using 'bosses' kitchen).
3 Get kegging system set up and functioning.
4 Apply knowledge of Water Chemistry to my beers.

Start all grain brewing
Gain a good understanding of ag basics so I can improve my beer throughout the year
Buy a fermenting fridge and a fridgemate so I can brew lagers
Buy some kegs and start pouring some draught beers so my mates can enjoy a pot whenever they're round

Do some partials, got swiss voille at spotlight on weekend so I'm a step closer already
Try some liquid yeasts

* Move away from kits to extract brewing
* Get a fermenting fridge

No doubt that achieving points 1 & 2 will lead to many more aims for the year

Latest posts

Back