Brew Beers Resolution '11

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno, not much really. Steady as she goes, I think. Keep making small improvements to my process each brew. Keep brewing different beers that excite me. Sounds like a plan.

2010 was a pretty good brew year for me.. I managed to collect a braumeister, Blichmann conical and hop rocket and a 3 roller monster mill. Since none of this will really improve my brewing, apart from making it a little easier, I intend to join bum and just concentrate on my process and improve my record keeping and just learn as much as I can...

To make a heap of no chill kits so i can teach the joy of fermentation of home made wort to friends and maybe some paying students.

Sounds like a good way of bringing down the taxable income. Might look at starting a "second Business" myself ;)

Learn how to weld so I can make a brew stand instead of using an old cloths dryer and a wonky picnic table.

Geez! Where do I start?

Firstly and most importantly, move over to AG. I think I've put it off long enough.

I also want to start growing my own hops (and eventually my own grain....but that may be 2012's resolution. I have to learn how to use the grain before I dig up half the lawn).

I'm also going to put down a mead, some wine and of course a metricfucktonne of cider come apple season!

Basically, I reckon I'm gonna try and spend almost every weekend brewing next year :eek:)

Cheers
Brad

Was there one of these last year? I suspect that there was and had a look but can't find it. It'd be interesting if everyone admitted to the ones they didn't do.

Start exploring different grains, hops and yeasts (not necassarily beer styles) now that I am comfortable with the AG setup that I am likely to be using for at least the next 2 years.

Well, I just got an email from my bank, and my building loan has just been approved. So now I will have a bar area, an extra large garage, and a dedicated brewing sink.

16 short weeks from council approval, and I will be preparing a new brew rig to suit the decor...

There are 2 runners-up.

1. Decide on ingredients to make a great beer I will enjoy.

2. The way to make it.

And the winner is....

A 'SPEIDEL BRAUMEISTER' Brewing System.

Xmas Cheers

+1

Brew more!
*Finally finish off my brew rig would be a good start so I can brew at home, rather than 'scabbing' the use of my mates equipment. I only really need a mash tun, but ya know ;)
*Brew a barleywine for when the baby arrives.
*Just generally get organized.

-Buy enough glass carboys for primary fermentation. I will keep a couple of plastics for bottling/bulk priming but infections in plastic last year and a couple this year make me want to ditch the placcy.
-Now I have a smaller working fridge, I hope to transform my beer fridge into a proper temp controlled environment
-Build a brew stand so I can stop lifting 50 litre hot wort vessels
-Post less here
-Build a fermentation/cellaring chamber. My aforementioned fridge will only hold one fermenter or a couple of cubes. I often have 4 or 5 batches on the go at similar times. I also need somewhere more constant to store bottles.

Brew more!
*Finally finish off my brew rig would be a good start so I can brew at home, rather than 'scabbing' the use of my mates equipment. I only really need a mash tun, but ya know ;)
*Brew a barleywine for when the baby arrives.
*Just generally get organized.

Brew more and a baby on the way. Very ambitious. ;)

Hence wanting to finish the brew rig so I can brew at home. :D
I'll let you know how THAT goes in about 12 months.

To work on my house beer and to publish it on the AHB recipie DB!, to brew more, to finish doing up back and front yards and if the year hasnt finished by then do a herms build.

To sort out my milling setup to have the right speed and right gap.

Make consistent brews on the rig with the aim of increasing overall efficiency to 70% or more. Hitting 60-65% all the time at the moment.

Get some house brews going so always have a regular on tap.

Just checked the old thread, I actually got all bar one..........which was trying different styles, done!!!!

Brew AG!

Which means either wiring in a dedicated power circuit, or getting another fridge! (as the ol' Kevinator keeps tripping the ELCB!)

-edit- ....and setting up that old dented up keg as a big boiler, and sorting out a decnet mash tun, and some sort of heat transfer cooling device, and.............

The way that im seeing it is that simple beers are better. Im going to follow the KISS approach from now on.

And brew more of the beers that I enjoyed, and not bother with crazy styles etc.

KISS guys. Merry Xmas.

Latest posts

Back