Bread Yeast To Brew Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just started day 3 on my rye flour sourdough starter. Then I just discovered Im not doing it proper finnish style with soured milk in there going all lacto bacilli'y.

Very clean smell, not yeasty, not bacterial. Very visible rising action on the rye flour so far, I usually toss half and add in again equal parts water and rye flour. But this time I had to cheat, the only soured milk product I had on hand was greek yogurt so in with some of that, some fresh milk, and some fresh flour. Big stir and back on the shelf in the pantry.

Fingers crossed.

Mmmm what to make, maybe some Reikleip, Ruispala, or better yet some hapankorppu since the wife is bent on buying all those imported Finn Crisp crackers.

I just started day 3 on my rye flour sourdough starter. Then I just discovered Im not doing it proper finnish style with soured milk in there going all lacto bacilli'y.

Very clean smell, not yeasty, not bacterial. Very visible rising action on the rye flour so far, I usually toss half and add in again equal parts water and rye flour. But this time I had to cheat, the only soured milk product I had on hand was greek yogurt so in with some of that, some fresh milk, and some fresh flour. Big stir and back on the shelf in the pantry.

Fingers crossed.

Mmmm what to make, maybe some Reikleip, Ruispala, or better yet some hapankorppu since the wife is bent on buying all those imported Finn Crisp crackers.

Pete post on the sourdough thread would of hated to miss this one... let me know how it goes.?

Latest posts

Back