Braumeister Fail

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was in g&g today and they said that because of the sale, pretty much all the 20L Braumeisters on back order are accounted for...

maybe you'll walk out with a 50L! B)

The guys there are great, I reckon it's something that they can fix- or get fixed.

Feels like shit, after all the planning, all the waiting, and the saving, convincing.....

Yep 30th birthday present off the missus. So pretty angry

I think this is a bit over-the-top. Sure, there are problems and without question they are not what you intended. Though, i would imagine G&G will fix it up. Trial by fire is a bit much at this stage, defects can occur on any device.

Even if it was not water tested etc (which we have no understanding of), considering it comes from the other side of the globe, few faults have been reported. It could have suffered any number of [annoying] problems. I am sure they will fix the fault, most retailers are much more interested in happy customers than the pure $. For those that are not, consumer law is.

And I guess the thing is I paid 2250. I dont want to get it fixed. I want it to work when I buy it.

And I guess the thing is I paid 2250. I dont want to get it fixed. I want it to work when I buy it.

You don't need to have it fixed. You paid for a brand new device, and under Australian law if that is within 12 months of date of purchase you can exchange, or refund it. Though, with such a clear product fault i am sure they will be happy to help you without question. Further more than that.. i am thinking of the same item from them as a present for myself. Everything else from them has been great.

How annoying.
However my experience with G&G would lead me to believe if they have another in stock they will swap it straight away.
German made stuff is generally really good and I am sure they would check it for water leaks at a minimum.
I guess you are just unlucky to get one that somehow got handled badly between here and there.

Cheers

Yeah I am sure they will be ok about it. Am guessing I will have to wait if all the other units are spoken for which is a shame as I wanted to brew Thursday.

shit happens.then it gets sorted.some waited 6 months for a unit to arrive from Germany now thats what i call annoying

shit happens.then it gets sorted.some waited 6 months for a unit to arrive from Germany now thats what i call annoying

Holy shit, 6 month? Wonder who that was? ;)

I think it was actually closer to three month from memory, but it's all forgotten now. And I don't blame Speidel for it, they've always been excellent, even offered a price reduction for a small dent before the unit was shipped out.

I left a message on g&g phone last night. Got a call this morning to take it in. Swapped over for another that was in stock. I am happy.

They did say that they would have to get someone to weld it up so maybe there will be a discounted refurbished 20l in stock?

Nice work, glad it all turned out well.
Enjoy your first brewday tomorrow then.

This would have been called dead on arrival for warranty purposes surely so you would have always been entitled to a swap or refund I reckon.

Glad to hear it worked out.

I left a message on g&g phone last night. Got a call this morning to take it in. Swapped over for another that was in stock. I am happy.

They did say that they would have to get someone to weld it up so maybe there will be a discounted refurbished 20l in stock?
Excellent news.. testament to the commitment to service from the sponsors
:icon_cheers:

Yeah wasn't angry at them just to go from the endorphin inducing rush of handing over 2000 plus to seeing its broken made baby jesus cry.

Good job G&G had the good sense to tell you to do a short boil before breaking it in. And that they immediately fixed the issue for you.

I can understand disappointment and shock when your precious doesn't immediately work but Change down, man. Find your neutral space. You got a rush. It'll pass. Be seated.
It's a marathon, not a sprint.

I just hope they didn't send you off with mine :unsure:

I ordered one on Monday...

shit hope not mate! there were still 3 others in the store. One they had put together on display others outback.

I guess whoever welded it that day might of been on the piss the night before!

Perhaps credit where credit is due? You left a message with them out of hours and they replied immediately the following morning with a solution. Given that it was a manufacturer's fault it sounds like good customer service to me. :beerbang:

Back