Braumeister Fail

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doon

Reaction score
Well up until 20 minutes ago I was as happy as a dog with two dicks
Just purchased a 20l braumeister from g&g was filling up to do a short boil as instructed by the guys there but noticed water leaking from tap. Thought it was just because I needed some plumbing tape on thread so did this but still noticed water. Got right up close and noticed where the tap housing is welded to body that there is a tiny hole in weld and water is leaking from this.
Am pretty pissed off right now. Will be taking this back as soon as they open tomorrow.
Anyone else had this issue?

You deserved to be pissed off. All that coin and quality control should be perfect. :beerbang:

FFS they dont water test them????????????

will def build my own now.

Complain hard mate!

Thats crap for a $2500 unit.

Firstly, that sucks big time mate... sorry to hear.

But please keep us posted on how they handle the warranty please mate...

If you walk out of there tomorrow, having to wait for repair, after the initial water only fill only... Well, that is extremely poor customer service....

But will await for G&G and Speidels handling to cast judgement.

bad times...

Well up until 20 minutes ago I was as happy as a dog with two dicks
Just purchased a 20l braumeister from g&g was filling up to do a short boil as instructed by the guys there but noticed water leaking from tap. Thought it was just because I needed some plumbing tape on thread so did this but still noticed water. Got right up close and noticed where the tap housing is welded to body that there is a tiny hole in weld and water is leaking from this.
Am pretty pissed off right now. Will be taking this back as soon as they open tomorrow.
Anyone else had this issue?

that sucks arse, any chance of a pic of the failed weld ?

Yard

If it's the way you describe then Speidel will exchange without questions. As Speidel is a fair bit away though you depend on G&G.
If they understand customer service and have another unit standing around then they should give you that straight away. Otherwise you might have to wait until a new unit arrives.

Interested to hear which route they decide to go down.

If they dont either exchange it or give my money back I will be bending the closest person over and jamming it straight up their arse.

I will try and get a pic not sure if it will show up. I only worked out what it was as I sat there with my face right up to it and could see it forming a small dot then dripping down. Not a huge amount but for money i spent its complete bullshit.

300sl_wreck.jpg

I'm sure they will do the right thing by you. :icon_cheers:

They have 19L pots at Big W if you want to move to all grain for $2530.

FWIW, my experience is that G&G have excellent customer service. I bought a heat belt there that made a good attempt at trying to burn the house down the first time I used it. I couldn't find the receipt, but they offered a refund, replacement or updrade/store-credit. They were really apologetic. Over a $40 heat belt. I suspect over the Braumeister, they'll be even more so. :)

2c,
T.

My experience is likewise (as in GG customer service when fixing up errors - I don't have a BM)

I'd be very interested to hear the results either way.

They might just have a new spare tap!? If thats somethign that can be replaced.. i.e....

that really blows. looking forward to a positive outcome for you dude. what the **** is with their QC methods though? could this have happened in transit? who knows.

It's not the tap it's where the thread for the tap is welded to the body. There is a visible crack in the weld and all I have done is screw the tap in and tighten nut. There is no way I could of cracked the weld

There is a video of it hopefully it's clear enough. I just filled it again to make sure I wasn't crazy. It's definitely leaking from a crack in the weld

Last edited by a moderator:

Better version forgot to select high def

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back