Braggot And Mead.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70

Le roi est mort..
Reaction score
They both sound delicious, but before I run off and make 20l of either, I thought it might not be a bad idea to taste them first. Admitidely I haven't looked past my local bottle shops, and Im guessing mead may be eaiser to procure than braggot. Would I need to find something like a specialty wine outlet?
Either that or I might just make a small, say 5L batch to begin with.
Any ideas?

I just jumped in and made 28 litres, its fermenting nicely now, smells pretty good, but a real slow fermenter.

Go ahead and make a 5 litre batch, worst case scenario is you don't like and you wont need too much honey for a batch that size.

John

They both sound delicious, but before I run off and make 20l of either, I thought it might not be a bad idea to taste them first. Admitidely I haven't looked past my local bottle shops, and Im guessing mead may be eaiser to procure than braggot. Would I need to find something like a specialty wine outlet?
Either that or I might just make a small, say 5L batch to begin with.
Any ideas?

Melbourne Brewers are doing a mead special at our next meeting (Wed May 27th) if you are located in Melbourne.

Having a talk about brewing meads from our mead brewing expert, and should be some mead to sample at the meeting.

Cheers

Chris

bonus! might just have to make sure i get to come along

Well done CM2 that was the page i was looking for.

Looking forward to next weeks mead presentation also at Melb Brewers. Yum!!

Cheers SJ

Cheers folks

Just gave this mob a call, $13 delivered to your door and a 10% discount for a dozen, in case you were wondering..
it does depend on which mead your getting. they have 5 differant meads and they are differant prices.

hang on $13 per bottle? you sure they were giving you mead. The wewbsite says their cheapest bottle is $16. buy some if its $13. Ive tried them all except the Gran miele mead. My missus loves the Scarlet mead

it does depend on which mead your getting. they have 5 differant meads and they are differant prices.

hang on $13 per bottle? you sure they were giving you mead. The wewbsite says their cheapest bottle is $16. buy some if its $13. Ive tried them all except the Gran miele mead. My missus loves the Scarlet mead

Sorry, thats $13 delivery charge, not the plonk.
Not bad for coming all the way from Adelaide I recon.
Although apparently it's still cheaper to fly there with Virgin Blue...

ahh i see. read it wrong. gonna say that would be a bargin.

$13 delivery is fairly standard for wine shipping. get a few mates together and buy some for a taste test.

Latest posts

Back