Bottles To Keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EZE-09Z

Reaction score
hey all,

not sure if this is the right spot but here goes.......

i just bought a kegarator and was wondering if its possible to transfer a bottle batch to one of my new kegs??????

the bottles in question have been sitting only 1 week so far.

cheers
Ernie

hey all,

not sure if this is the right spot but here goes.......

i just bought a kegarator and was wondering if its possible to transfer a bottle batch to one of my new kegs??????

the bottles in question have been sitting only 1 week so far.

cheers
Ernie

I would think that the transfer process would introduce a lot of oxygen into your beer. My guess would be that you should just brew another batch. It will only be two weeks until you can have beerr in the kegs, and you can drink those bottles while you wait....

anythings possible!! if there only 1 week in bottle they are prob not carbed up yet so you could just pour slowly into kegs trying to minimize frothing but then you could end up with over carbed beer down the track when you carb your keg,or you could pour the bottles back into your fermenter with airlock, reyeast to get rid of priming sugars, give it a few more days then keg.what style of beer is it cause a belgian/english style will like the double ferment
Russ

I would not. As already mentioned you run a risk of oxidization. You could minimise this by filling the keg with CO2 prior to pouring. Also if they are not fully fermented out in the bottles, then kegging and dropping the beer to under 5 degrees will prevent the remaining sugar from being converted resulting in sweet beer. You could try kegging it and leaving it at 18c to finish of fermenting all the sugar, then chilling and hitting with CO2. To me just get another brew started fermenting.

QldKev

What everyone else said
Although
I did exactly the same when i got my kegerator as well
It did oxidize by the end (about 2 weeks) so if you can drink it quick and force carb.. which will be fun for your first ever keg run id say go for it

Whats a couple of bottles when you can enjoy your kegarator straight away :)

Tom

Newbie, just make sure you have a one-way valve in your gas line or I know what your next posts going to be.

I know off-topic couldn't resist

thanks guys......

im just setting the fridge,font and gas lines now but i think with the replies here i might just wait and drink the bottles as is and make a new batch for the kegs.

i have to say the kegerator is pretty cool :beer:
Newbie, just make sure you have a one-way valve in your gas line or I know what your next posts going to be.

I know off-topic couldn't resist

Bruce,

i read about that one way valve and yeah mate i did get one........... wasnt keen to get beer running thru my nice new reg ;)

many thanks for the replies.

Ernie

Back