Bottle storage

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

King Panda

Reaction score
Hi all

So I have an old fridge temp controlled to18C which I am using for fermentation and bottle storage. I have enough room for 2 fermenters and a full brew of bottles or 2 lots of bottles and a fermenter. I am brewing on a cycle where both bottles and fermenters are temp controlled.

I have 2 questions is 18C a good temp for bottle storage? I plan to give them 2 weeks at this temp before they get put on the shelf, any other recommendations?

Secondly I store the bottles lying down in the fridge, is this an issue?

On a side note I bought a bulk order of http://www.cospak.com.au/h650a.html to avoid a minimum order charge. If anyone in Brisbane is interested I'd be happy to sell a few boxes of 28 for cost ($30).

Cheers

Thats what I do Panda. 2 Weeks of conditioning at the same temp as the beer was fermented at. Don't see an issue with them on their side? A minimum of 24 Hours in the fridge standing upright before drinking should be enough for the sediment to settle down the bottom of the bottle

Back