Bottle Storage Solutions

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is all too bloody hard! Just do your brewing in four easy stages ----

Stage 1 --- Don't brew anymore. Just go to the pub.
Stage 2 --- Find another yourself another woman.
Stage 3 --- Make bloody sure she is not going to make your life a living misery.
Stage 4 --- Start brewing again. Inside the house this time around. :beerbang:

T

Cheers for all the great feedback.

I have to admit, I was expecting that some people have had built some great cupboard designs in the past and would have posted pictures. Obviously I'm dreaming.

Under the bed seems a good idea... usually there is the area in teh centre where nothing gets stored anyways since you can't reach there easily. I think that would easily pass as a good storage place without requiring it to be hidden with sheets etc.

It's a very good point regarding kegging in comparison to tint+insulated cupboard etc, and especially since kegging is where I'm intending to head at some stage anyways, might make its way up the priority ladder.

Cheers for suggestions.

I have to admit, I was expecting that some people have had built some great cupboard designs in the past and would have posted pictures. Obviously I'm dreaming.
Milk-crates make it too easy and convenient to bother with any fancy cupboard design, get the crates with 1 open side and you can select which brew you want even if they are piled as high as the roof. :)

Just make a bottle bomb or 2 leave empty bottles on the kitchen bench, bottle up in the kitchen. And you will soon have a new keg system or a new wife............ either way you will soon have a new keg system.

Heh heh, proposal on kegging system made with justification of less bottles lying around and threw in a sweet cider brew and she's taken the deal.

Now I have to justify spending ~$1000 worth of keggery to the finance department... me. I should be able to twist his arm.

Just goes to show ya, if you tickle them in all the right places they'll let you do anything you want.

Yeah... that and timing.
She just spent more on her wedding dress this week.
Wedding dress used for 1 day vs Keg system for a lifetime.
I don't think she felt like trying to raise an arguement against kegging.

Job well done Muzz, I'm sure the finance guy will fine with your purchases :lol:

Carefully remove floorboards and dig a trench about 6 foot by 3 foot by 6 foot deep. At this depth the temp should be ideal. Now, throw your missus in, fill in the hole, replace floorboards, move bottles inside, refit sattelite dish. Invite drunks (from this site) over to watch footy tonight and ply with your brew.
Problem solved.

:lol: :D

Yeah... that and timing.
She just spent more on her wedding dress this week.
Wedding dress used for 1 day vs Keg system for a lifetime.
I don't think she felt like trying to raise an arguement against kegging.

No joke, that's the exact way that I got all my keg gear. I'd be happy if we got married in a park and had a BBQ for a reception, but somebody wants "something nice" so I wangled 8 kegs, freezer, 3 Celli taps and all fittings out of it.

This wedding stuff is bloody terrific! :beerbang:

No joke, that's the exact way that I got all my keg gear. I'd be happy if we got married in a park and had a BBQ for a reception, but somebody wants "something nice" so I wangled 8 kegs, freezer, 3 Celli taps and all fittings out of it.

This wedding stuff is bloody terrific! :beerbang:

... wait, you got the keg setup as a trade off that your wedding was 'something nice', or did you get the keg setup to supply the beer for the wedding as homebrew beer in longnecks wasn't good enough?

Either way, awesome.

... wait, you got the keg setup as a trade off that your wedding was 'something nice', or did you get the keg setup to supply the beer for the wedding as homebrew beer in longnecks wasn't good enough?

Either way, awesome.

Bit of both, actually. Can't get told that things are too expensive when she's looking at multiple-thousands of dollars worth of stuff for just one day, and I said that it would work well to cut down a bit on what we spend on booze for the night.

Bloody cheering!

Maybe I'm just lucky, but I have two cellars under my house.
One for my wine collection.
The other for my beer stash.
Whenever I walk in there, it always seems to be 10C or so lower than the outside ambient temperature.
Most of my brews (I bottle all of them) carbonate just fine within about 1 to 2 weeks.

This thread was awesome for getting me through a painful day at work today. I also realised how lucky I am that SWMBO doesn't mind about 30 dozen bottles (full + empty) all through the house, a minimum of 2 fermenters in the bath, the (quite loud) fermenting fridge next to the bedroom window & me being drunk a fair amount of the time. She also finds it tough to plan meals on brewday as she has very limited access to the brewery (she calls it a kitchen but we know better). I really should brew another cider as a thankyou. I also had the wedding/keg discussion. She wanted to get a couple of kegs of coopers for the wedding, I suggested a kegging system would be more cost effective (I didn't actually collate any data, I just told her it would be cheaper & that the kegging system can be reused where the coopers kegs can't. We really need to set a wedding date so I can get my kegs.

Heh Maybe I will get engaged. Sounds like a pretty sweet trick.

I seem to be finding areas to... "help the missus with her storage problems" (being that her 'cleaning stuff' is in the way of more serious Brewing Equipment"

A. Laundry: Put up some shelving to clear top of washing machine.. effect.. laundry tub clear and bottle tree fits onto top of washing machine... Check
B. Cupboard Space: Throw away most things in there... Purchace some MDF type stuff cut to fit cupboard space.. Effect 2 new shelvs wat can hold 3.5 boxes of longnecks each
C. Aquire big steel cabinet and place in backyard: yank reamining shit out of cupboard and store outside... purchace more MDF shelvs
Cupboard capacity now 14 boxes

Should keep me bysy for a bit...

or alternativly I suggested that I could rip up the floor as suggested earlier in the post, as we are in a rental she was rather quick to agree that cupboard space may well be the better option, it's sometimes better to let them decide... just give them options they wont like to get your result...

:ph34r:

My missus parks her bicycle exactly in front of my Big Cupboard 'O Beer so I block her bike with my fermenter. All's fair in love and beer.

i bought a drinks buffet cabinet off ebay for 1$...its in the kitchen and is in great nic....the bottom cabinet holds 7 slabs at any one time...ive got 66 stubbies in there at the moment...

i bought a drinks buffet cabinet off ebay for 1$...its in the kitchen and is in great nic....the bottom cabinet holds 7 slabs at any one time...ive got 66 stubbies in there at the moment...

WINNER!! :icon_chickcheers:

Now all you need is the missus to take from one to the other on a regular basis and you have it all...awesome :beerbang:

Back