• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

[SYD] 550ish L keezer + fermenting cupboard.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adryargument

Reaction score
Need to get rid of my 550ish L keg fridge - Fisher and Paykel, i got it second hand - has a few scratches and small dings on front and sides but the inside is immaculate white plastic inside (not steel).
Built it myself, nearly ready to go.
Holds 4 taps (i had flow control perlicks), comes with bottle filler + has built in temp controller on the front with chalk paint above the taps.
(Note that it is fully wired but has bare wires on the inside of the freezer - a simple plastic box from jaycar with 2 wire plugs will fix this in 5 minutes - i never got around to it and used it as is for 2 years straight)

Fits 14 Kegs i believe.
All you need to do is add your taps / gas splitters / lines / regulators.

It does have 2 copper 1/2 tubes in the back left corner that i used to pump cold water into my fermenting chamber.

Driving to Brisbane around the 2nd so i can possible deliver it to someone there.

Looking for around $700.

20141226_094813.jpg

20141226_094825.jpg

Fermenting chamber, built this myself.
Made with stud material, plywood sides and FILLED with HEAPS of squished housing roof insulation. Its packed full of it.

Has temp control on the top front right roof with a fan / radiator and a simple little brown pump on the inside. There are two copper tubes inside on top right corner i connected to the keezer above for cold water supply.
(Cold water in a spare keg in the keezer was pumped to the radiator and fan kept the temp down)

Fits 3 x 60L carboys side by side or 4 x 30L bunnings cubes.

Also a great place to keep yeast starters etc once they are off the stirplate and waiting to be pitched.

Front door overlaps the sides with a 25x10mm foam strip for insulation and is completely removable for easy access.
I deliver my 60L fermenters into it by either towel sliding or on a skateboard - as easy as it will ever be.

Offer? I probably spent a hundred or two making it but it has served me well over the years.

(Note, using the pump as temp control did create some condensation dripping from the radiator and sides of the warmer fermentating vessels, but i believe this is unavoidable. it has 3 layers of varnish and silicon sealed in all corners. i simple threw a towel under each vessel.)

20141226_095014.jpg

20141226_095035.jpg

Have a stack of brewing vessels im happy to get rid of too, both fridge and cupboard are filled with them and random items.

Latest posts

Back