Born Again Hb Virgin

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wimbymoonshine

Reaction score
Hey all,

after a few months inactivity due to travelling around europe and getting a new flat, im set up in my new joint and ready to brew.... Also im a full time postgrad student now so got time to do fun and interesting stuff...

Anyone with any suggestions for born again virgin?

Hey all,

after a few months inactivity due to travelling around europe and getting a new flat, im set up in my new joint and ready to brew.... Also im a full time postgrad student now so got time to do fun and interesting stuff...

Anyone with any suggestions for born again virgin?

Pray!!!!!!

Pray!!!!!!
:lol: :lol:

Seriously you need something to drink FAST and since you've been travelling you obviously have been exposed to a range of beers. I don't know anything about Hefe's which are supposed to be a very quick brew but if I were in your position I would brew something fast and furious like maybe:

Quick English Bitter:

3 kg Light dried malt extract
200 g crystal malt steeped for one hour.

20 g fuggles and 20 g goldings flowers boiled for half an hour in 3 of litres of water with the runoff from the steeped grain, and a portion of the LDME

Strain into fermenter through a wire strainer and 'sparge' with a kettle of hot water

Dissolve rest of LDME with about 2 litres of water and bring to a short boil to sanitise.

I would use a fast attenuating yeast like Nottingham and ferment around 20 degrees. (Edit: which even in Pom Land you should manage at this time of year!) Dry hop with some goldings pellets after four days (just chuck them in), should be ready to bottle at the end of the week. Gelatine finings. Crack one after about seven days in the bottle.

Won't win any prizes and you may get some chill haze problems with that amount of LDME but it's a bitter so you don't need to freeze the guts out of it. You'll get a tad under 5% at 23 litres.

Welcome back :D

Latest posts

Back