Book: Froth! By Mark Denny

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drtomc

Fermentationist
Reaction score
Hi All,

Reading the current New Scientist over breakfast this morning, and actually read the book reviews page for a change. Just as well!

There's a review of a new book "Froth!" by Mark Denny. Gets a good wrap, though the reviewer was a little put off in some parts by the amount of maths. Sounds like the best bit to me! I haven't read the reviews on Amazon yet, though it's there.

T.

A quick flick through the amazon reviews seem to indicate the approach the author takes to homebrewing is a bit questionable/old fashioned/carefree???

Common theme seems to be the beer science bits are good, the home brewing info is lacking (esp compared to the detail and quality of JP's HTB).

Cheers SJ

Any new brewing book is good in my book - Will have to check it out.
Thanks for the heads up Tom.

Reading this book at the moment.
Very funny author. First chapters history and background which are good but not what you are expecting from a book that is meant to discuss science of beer.
Once into the guts of the book very detailed. You can skip over formulas and just understand reasons for what's happening or get deeply into the science and learn how to control.
Recommended.

Back