Bock Or Bok

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theMISSIONARY

Reaction score
Gday all simple question

who's tried bock or bok as some countrys call it what do you think of it

and has any one brewed it :blink:

cheers steve :beer:

thanks mate thats just the one ;) i find it hard to find things in here some times :blink:

i was going to get a can of bock and give it ago

Maybe He/she is old and not familiar with technology.

Luckily, google trawls this site, so you can search AHB using google.com.au with site:aussiehomebrewer.com as one of the search parameters. Like this search.

Nice PoMo, that link makes it easy and simple for us non computer orientated brewers to work a search.
Thanks mate.

Posted Today, 08:47 PM By milpod
Milpod where not all computer savvy, and the search function within AHB is not very functional at the moment..

Cheers
Andrew

My second ever partial grain brew was a bock. It's a great style, from the smooth and chocolatey like Urbock from Namibia, to kick arse strong beers like Aventinus (weizen bock).

Another commonly available one is Weihenstephaner Korbinian (doppelbock), and it's a cracker.

That's why I was helping him out, mate :)

I've got a doppelbock from Big Brew Day in the fermenter at the moment. It was a disaster of a brew. Strike temp was way too high, but because of all the malt in the tun, I couldn't add enough cold water to compensate. I also had shocking efficiency, so I added some candi sugar to 1. raise the gravity and 2. to bring down the FG a bit (hopefully) to compensate for the hot mash.

I've brewed a partial mash bock years ago. Lovely warm tasting style. The only commercial one I've tried was Burragorang Bock at Picton.

I had two Spaten 500ml Bocks the other night at dinner and I was SMASHED!

Back