boatrocker comes to melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DU99

Reaction score
boatrocker new home is in sunny Braeside in Melbourne's South East. They have set up a modern craft brewery and we will be pumping out a range of traditional and not so traditional craft beers.

Boatrocker - Tramway Hotel Tap Takeover - 5th to 19th July

Jess and the team at Tramway Hotel have been great supporters of Boatrocker since they opened their doors 3 years ago. So we are really excited about taking over 4 of their taps for 2 weeks. Pop in and try our regular range (Alpha Queen, Smash! and Hop Bomb) as well as a new Winter Dark Ale that's just been released for this event.

Matt Houghton is going to be there on 10th and 18th July from 6-8pm so please drop in and say hi...and ask him lots of questions!

Tramway Hotel
165 Rae Street
Fitzroy North

What do you guys reckon is their best beer? I had the Alpha Queen at Mrs Parmas last week. Was alright, but wasn't exactly blown away. Perhaps I'm missing the good one.

Alpha Queen used to state 42 IBU on the label. It was great. Then it was 35. Not so good. I recently saw a bottle with 42 again? Hopefully not just super old stock!

Plus their old Hopbier Pilsner was a cracker, but apparently some international "craft" beer behemoth bought out all the lovely NZ hops which made it so good. So now it is no longer.

Hi all,

Just wanted to clear up a few points...

Econwatson, some venues still have stock from our contract days. That is now changing, as we are refilling shelves with new stock, but we have to wait until their stock runs out until we can replace it with new beer made by us. If you'd like to PM me with some deets, I will get you a six pack of our fresh stock.

Super_Simian, as far as labelling goes, we haven't cut back on the amount of hops used, but what was on the labels (42 ibu's) was the calculated theoretical amount from the amount we put in (Rager). What was actually measured using GC, was 35 ibu's. So we though it best to tell the truth, even if it mean't not being as high in ibu's on the label. Now, this is where confusion will set in... You are right in seeing new beer with labels stating 42ibu's, and this all stems from our new labels being held up in printing, but we had to get beer out, so we ended up using old label stock... We had no other option unfortunately...

And Yob, we'll be getting some Hop Bomb your way soon... promise!

Cheers,

Matt

Hi Matt,

Will the Braeside brewery have a on site bar for the general public?

Cheers

Econwaston nice one..........there beer is good,but so much better now there making it themselves on own equipment......and yes matt we have met @ the GB presentation last year

Back