Blueberry Muffin Recipe

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starcmr

Reaction score
Blueberry Muffin Recipe

I've made this a couple of times, and they're really good. I fill them up to the very top of the cup, so the recipe has been adjusted for 24 large muffins, or 36 regular muffins.

Muffin Batter
• 6 cups all-purpose flour
• 3 cups white sugar
• 2 teaspoons salt
• 2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1-1/3 cups vegetable oil
• 4 eggs
• 1-1/3 cups milk
• 4 cups fresh blueberries

Crumb Topping
• 1-1/2 cups brown sugar
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 3/4 cup butter, cubed
• 1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
2. Combine 6 cups flour, 3 cups sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a bowl; add the egg and milk. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
3. To make the Crumb Topping: Mix together 1-1/2 cups sugar, 1 cup flour, 3/4 cup butter, and 1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.

If you make more/less, adjust the Crumb Topping only if you're making normal-sized muffins, since you can cover 24 jumbo muffins made with the same amount of topping as normal muffins. Adjust for the jumbo one's if you're going to make a lot less/more of them.

Enjoy!

Well this is a beer forum and I'm more of an orange poppy seed guy.
Had a Mate Tea flavoured muffin once, well I think the topping was Mate flavoured, not bad and I don’t mind Mate.
Do you brew beer, might be of more interest here.
Mark

To add to what MHB said – I'm sure your recipe is fine, but it's in American units (where a cup is 237 mL and a tablespoon is 15 mL). We also tend to use self-raising flour rather than buying plain (AP) and adding baking powder.

It's just a curious choice to go to a brewing forum and post twice with a muffin recipe regionalised for overseas.

However, the standard beer batch size people brew is obscenely large (23 L), so that part of your recipe is consistent. :p

Have you some photos with already cooked muffins? How they are looking? Recipe sounds good, i wanna to try :)

Latest posts

Back