Blichmann power tower

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jameson

Reaction score
Hi all have been looking to upgrade my 3v system for a while now. Was holding out on buying my own place and upgrading the electrical system so I could go all electrical. But housing deposits are hard to achieve and I reckon I could be here for another 3 year's.
Watching the brew build thread someone posted a gas fired herms or rims system. This started my thinking. The other day there was also a post of a system on the eBay thread of a beer belly gas fired system and this pushed my buttons.
I started research and came across the blichmann power tower. I have a march pump so only looking at the main control.
Does anyone on here have one?
Not sure if the system will cover what I am looking to achieve have done a heap of reading on them and watched you tube.
What I am looking to do is circulate the mash through my hlt. On the videos for these units everyone heats the mash directly. It says on the website that you can connect two probes one on the hlt and one on the in or out of the mash (yet to research the best spot).
Also looking at upgrading my mashtun looking at the craftbrewer 100l is the smaller diameter a plus for single batches less service area. or for larger batches easier to get a stuck sparge.
My system at the minute is 2x 98l hlt/kettle and a 47l mash tun. I find it a push on a high gravity double batch but would like the option of a triple while up grading.
One thing that keeps pulling me to electric is adding a timer. But with the gas I can always pop out and fire her up then have quick brecky at my leasure no biggie.
Thanks Jameson

I had a bit of a look at them when they first came out. I went electric instead so I could brew indoors, wind and rain being a pain on an outdoor brewday.

Keep in mind if you get on that US gas fittings are different to ours and that you will need a decent step down for the electrics.

They look great..

Do they do one with Aus gas fittings yet? As kranky says, I believe they are different. Also, 230/240v for the controllers?

I think you are asking about a left hand drive that has yet to have conversion kit. My take anyway...

By no means dismissing the product, just saying is it adaptable to Aus yet?

I know for a fact that the gas fittings are different because I have a Blichmann Top Tier stand with Blichmann burners. I got some adapters machined at a decent price to get around the gas fittings problem. I doubt they do a tower of power with Aussie fittings but it wouldn't hurt to look.

This is a good point. I don't think they would be using much power so would the current be reduced down. Like say the power in to a lap top? Also for the gas it looks like it goes on after the reg. Wasn't even taking these thoughts in to consideration.
Thanks lads will look at other options.

I think a step down would be fine. You would need a medium gas regulator with some gas adapters (US to Aussie) to get it to work.

Latest posts

Back