Black Girrafe - Coffee Lager

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VonFehringer

Reaction score
Burleigh Brewing are bringing out a new coffee lager for this winter, can't wait to see what this one will taste like , hope it's up to the standard of 'My Wife's Bitter'!!

71.jpg

THis is on the beer list for the International Brewer's Day festival. I look forward to trying it too. Coffee beers are a bit of a flavour of the month it seems...

THis is on the beer list for the International Brewer's Day festival. I look forward to trying it too. Coffee beers are a bit of a flavour of the month it seems...

Matilda Bay also have one out in July I think - not a lager though??

Think I might go to the old beer festival, just down the road from work....

And I have recently bought a French Press.

Hmm.

Bittering Coffee, Flavour Coffee or Aroma Coffee? Ultra late additions of Coffee Tea? hang on................

But would you reuse the aroma coffee for the bittering coffee?

:D

Bjorn

Coffee + lager just doesnt sound that appealing IMHO. But that reason would probably make me try it though haha

I would buy their beers just for the bottle art.
I love the painted bottles.
My Wife's Bitter was a great design

Im keen to try any coffee beer, but after having drunked the outstanding Dieu du Ciel Peche Mortel from Frool Cellars last week, I doubt it will be an improvement.

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/dieu-du-ciel-...e-mortel/11461/
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1141/10325
Yeah that was a really good beer that one.

On the coffee front I tried the Longshot from Mathilda Bay. It wasn't bad, some coffee but a bit thin in the body to me...

Mmmmm....
Coffee Tea Beer...
Perplexing beverage

Cham beer!

Cham is a Malay/Singaporean (not completely sure of roots, probably malay) drink of tea and coffee blended with milk, served either warm or on ice.

Back