Bit of a belated introduction (Melbs)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

takai

Reaction score
Just realised I have been on here for a bit now and never started an introduction thread.

I have been brewing on and off for about 14 years now, but in spurts and starts. Brewed with a friend in Canberra for a while, but when i moved away i stopped again bar the occasional kit or two. Started up again in Adelaide about 10 years ago and went to a 3V setup quickly, but then life and various forms of racing (cars, mountain bikes and karts) got in the way and stopped again.

Now im in Melbourne and doing BIAB in a small 2bdr flat, and its working pretty well.

I am a big fan of West Coast IPAs in their various guises, and im a complete Lupulin addict. In fact the current 'house' beer on tap is a 100IBU IPA. ;)

I do like beer in most different forms though, but must admit these days <50IBU beers without any substantial malt bill are quite bland.

Also been considering doing something with any brewing clubs here in Melbourne, but I havn't really got in touch with many yet. Any recommendations for an urbanite (in the Zone 1 ring)?

Depends on which bit of zone 1.
Westgate for west, merri mashers for north or northeast, icb if you know one of them and get an invite.

Latest posts

Back