Birthday Drinks

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a list of birthdays today.
Happy birthday Andrew Clark(41), AndrewQLD(41), jaytee(45)
Will be having a few beers for you all this arvo. Limburg Hopsmacker, Speight Distinction Ale and Porter plus whatever else I find.

Beers,
Doc (in NZ)

Happy belated birthdays Doc, deebee and dane. Will have a Rouge Dead Guy for you all after work.

Happy birthday to Andrew and jaytee as well.

And cheers to all those celebrating birthdays today - and to those toasting them

Taken a day off today on the birthday.

Racked the Special Bitter this morning and will be sampling the first of the Sauvin Draught from the keg tonight.

jaytee said:
....... will be sampling the first of the Sauvin Draught from the keg tonight.
[post="59350"][/post]​

Sounds like a nice floral drop.
Will be interested to hear how it turns out.
I've used NZ Nelson Sauvin in stouts and Imperial Pilsners in the past.

Beers,
Doc

Happy birthday to the Andrews and jaytee.
All the best. :chug:

cheers
johnno

how birthday to all who birthdays it is and i wish i had the speights distiction ale now but im having a bitter ...plus i have had speights pilsner befroe which has nz saaz and nelson sauvin at the end of the boil

And the May birthdays continue.
Happy birthday Trent.

Beers,
Doc

Doc, I find it hard to tell what the Sauvin gives it. First taste remined me of grape juice when I was a kid. But it's got great aroma and very smooth

Here's the style notes for NZ Draught
New Zealand Draught, OG 36 50, FG 8 18. IBU <20. Colour 10-34 EBC amber, reddish brown, or copper coloured. Malt - medium bodied. Noticeable degree of caramel-type malt character in flavour and often in aroma. Hop - bitterness, flavour, and aroma may be present but at relatively low levels. Generally what is classed as a brown beer in NZ and not a lager. New Zealand Draught beers are in effect amber lagers. Think sweet, brown, malty with an edge of flavour Low levels of fruity esters maybe present. Diacetyl and chill haze should be absent.

Not that there's anything remarkable about NZ Draught as a style, but a great quaffer

Here's my take on it
Light Malt Extract 2.250
Pale Grain 0.125
Crystal Grain 0.250
Chocolate 0.050
Demerara 0.100
Flaked Barley 0.125

Minimashed grains then:
10 litre boil, 10gm additions of Green Bullet 60min, Super Alpha 30min, Sauvin 5min
OG 36 IBU 20 and 23 litres in the fermenter

Happy B'day Trent. Keep those APAs coming from the big Forster brewery mate!

Shawn.

G'day and happy birthday 2 U trent.

Happy birthday to those that I missed already this month. I still love youse all...

Seth :p

Thanks guys, I am cracking a brown ale as we speak. Happy birthday to all the others that have recently celebrated theirs, good thing I have been having a beer most days! I hope that everyone else has as good a night as I intend on having.
All the best
Trent

Thanks Linz
Happy birthday to Beertime for today, and to Rubes for yesterday. I'll crack an APA to celebrate for the both of ya's
Trent

Big birthday day today:

Armaca
PMyers
wee stu
ODDBALL

Happy Birthday Guys! Drink UP!~

sluggerdog said:
Big birthday day today:

Armaca
PMyers
wee stu
ODDBALL

Happy Birthday Guys! Drink UP!~
[post="60144"][/post]​

Yeah happy birthday you blokes. And to trent and anyone else i have missed in the past.
cheers
johnno

have a happy birthday armaca pmeyers wee stu and oddball.would love to have a beer for you guys but have nightshift tonight so will have a few tomorrow instead.

birthday cheers
big d :beer:

Happy birthday Armaca, Pmeyers, Wee Stu and Oddball, I'll have an APA for you but after reading Big D's post, better make that two.

Happy Birthday guys

And you too wee-stu ! :p

Hope you had a good one

Batz

h birthday guys havinga an apa for all and stu hows the bitter u brewed yesterday going

Latest posts

Back