Bigger Volume Brew

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hamstringsally

Reaction score
Ive been brewing all grain for about 4 months now and really enjoying it. my batch sizes are around 23 litres but have a party coming up and have been asked to supply the beer for it and need to make a batch of about 300l. not too keen on doing heaps of small brews.

does anyone one have any suggestions or know a place i could maybe brew?

cheers

hammo

It would help if you mentioned where the patch is: state, suburb etc.

the patch is a suburb in melbourne (I think)

Do you have a few spare bathtubs? Ive seen a pig boiled in a bathtub with a wood fire under it. That would be a ripper of a brewday!

Would be very difficult to get a boil going I think.

major brewery upgrade required! pick up a 200l mauser drum & make it into your tun - that's the cheap bit.... a 200l kettle will set you back a lot more. add an italian spiral burner w/- a medium reg. checkout the pics from the recent isb brew day for my setup which was ably helped out by a few mates gear. we did 2 x partigyles to make 600L. Was a Big day!!!

alternately host a few mates & get them to bring their rigs..... do that a couple of times.....

major brewery upgrade required! pick up a 200l mauser drum & make it into your tun - that's the cheap bit.... a 200l kettle will set you back a lot more. add an italian spiral burner w/- a medium reg. checkout the pics from the recent isb brew day for my setup which was ably helped out by a few mates gear. we did 2 x partigyles to make 600L. Was a Big day!!!

alternately host a few mates & get them to bring their rigs..... do that a couple of times.....

cool. the patch is in vic in the eastern ranges near belgrave. upgrading the home rig just excites me. whats a mauser drum from? ay the moment i use a old aquamax hot water cylinder for my boil pot and hlt. works a treat and is rated at food grade. would there be any small brewery that might give you a run on their gear at a fee

thats cool as. what style of beer did you make?

"mauser" drums are used for a lot of things the mash tun I have was an olive drum - they need a good sooak in sodium percarbonate & sun to clean em out & get rid of the smell. They are also used for improting tablets etc. you can pick em up on ebay & recycling places.

we made a belgian dark strong, a tripple, an abbey ale & a belgian IPA - 150l of each.

cool. the patch is in vic in the eastern ranges near belgrave. upgrading the home rig just excites me. whats a mauser drum from? ay the moment i use a old aquamax hot water cylinder for my boil pot and hlt. works a treat and is rated at food grade. would there be any small brewery that might give you a run on their gear at a fee

One option might be to check out the brewing capacity of your LHBS. I know mine has can produce at least 100L of fresh wort at a time. So that could be a good option. 300L sounds like a great party...

There are the plastic large fermenter liners in the wine industry, you could ferment in one, perhaps inside a large recycling bin or two. you could test what temp it would even out to outside by filling one with water with a couple of blankets over it.

Perhaps poking holes in the bottom of one liner and putting it inside anotherone might make a mash tun?

sally?
what did you come up with? 300 ltrs?

Back