Big W Bargains

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seemax

Reaction score
Happen to visit Big W today and strolled past the home brew and homeware sections and found a few really good deals ...

The ol' faithful 19L pots, stainless steel with glass lid down to $11
Pasta maker/roller, hand operated, $14 potential grain mill
Beer tap system designed for the Beck? kegs, I think the 5L jobs.. $50 down from $95.. no idea what these do or could be used for

PS This was at Southland in Melbourne

I recently bought a 38 litre pot from an Asian run Discount gifts 'n' things type shop. It made me wonder if decent size stock pots couldn't be sourced from asian supermarkets/grocers as most of their prices for produce seem below everywhere else. Worth checking.

I've been using the k-mart 15 litre pot previously but they're around $25 so $11 for 19 litres is pretty good (still using my 15L for an HLT).

mmmm, thinking about the pasta maker, as a pasta maker......

I've had the same pasta maker for about a year or so now and it works a treat.

100g strong flour to 1 egg ... 5mins in the mixer and voila perfect dough.

The lasagne is really really nice, fresh and tasty. The spaghetti rollers didn't always cut cleanly, suggest a dry mix for those.

Only paid $20 from Aldi but now the wife and kids and gluten free and it's painful and expensive to make gluten free dough I'm almost at the point of converting into a graim mill !

Was in woolies in brisbane today and coopers lager was $8... lazy toucan for my dad, I was going to do a partial but meh.

Happen to visit Big W today and strolled past the home brew and homeware sections and found a few really good deals ...

The ol' faithful 19L pots, stainless steel with glass lid down to $11
Pasta maker/roller, hand operated, $14 potential grain mill
Beer tap system designed for the Beck? kegs, I think the 5L jobs.. $50 down from $95.. no idea what these do or could be used for

PS This was at Southland in Melbourne
Scored a 19L pot yesterday from my local Big W it's only good for boiling water as it is thin as buggery wouldn't use it for brewing.

Latest posts

Back