Big Post Of Water Around Australia

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nath,
Page 6 in This Report has figures for the Lake, aquifer and stormwater in the Mt.
Cheers
Nige

Nige, you are a deaset champion mate!

I have spoken to the local council, SA Water, australian water quality control (also SA Water) and no one could (or would) help me out.

Cheers, you're a legend.

N

I rang the water authority here in North-West Tassie some time back asking for a water report.
They sounded a little defensive, 'is there something wrong with the water', they replied. I think they're hiding something.
They promised to respond with information regarding a report but it never happened. I doubt if they are gonna part with any such thing which would make brewing AG here in Tassie a bit of trial and error I guess.

Nige, you are a deaset champion mate!

I have spoken to the local council, SA Water, australian water quality control (also SA Water) and no one could (or would) help me out.

Cheers, you're a legend.

N
Left hand doesn't know etc...

From the report
The work contained in this report is collaboration
between CSIRO and the Centre for Natural Resource Management, South East Natural Resource
Management Board (previously SENRCC and SECWMB), SA Water Corporation, SA EPA, DWLBC,
SARDI, City Council of Mount Gambier and District Council of Grant.

Nige

I rang the water authority here in North-West Tassie some time back asking for a water report.
They sounded a little defensive, 'is there something wrong with the water', they replied. I think they're hiding something.
They promised to respond with information regarding a report but it never happened. I doubt if they are gonna part with any such thing which would make brewing AG here in Tassie a bit of trial and error I guess.
Hi Boagsy,
I got a report for Smithton water . Don't think it will be any help to many tho.
I can email to you if you want

Cheers
Chris

Hi Boagsy,
I got a report for Smithton water . Don't think it will be any help to many tho.
I can email to you if you want

Cheers
Chris

Did you get it from the new water authority or the council?

Did you get it from the new water authority or the council?
Hi Boagsy. I sent an email today to see if there is a report available. No reply as of yet. If I don't get a reply by late next week I might go visit the office in town.
Cheers
LagerBomb

Hi Boagsy. I sent an email today to see if there is a report available. No reply as of yet. If I don't get a reply by late next week I might go visit the office in town.
Cheers
LagerBomb

Good on ya mate.
Even though we are on different sides of the river I reckon it would be fairly similar you would think.

Gold Coast water

...not all that helpful

View attachment Potable_Water_Quality_Factsheet_2009_10_1_.pdf

GCWater.JPG

Good on ya mate.
Even though we are on different sides of the river I reckon it would be fairly similar you would think.
Well got a reply
"I queried this with the Manager of Treatment and Technical services and he provided the response below,
The potable water supply at Burnie conforms to the Public Health Act that cites the Australian Drinking Water Guidelines 2006 (ADWG) for general parameters with bacterial quality measured by the indicator E-Coli meeting the standard at <1 count/100ml.
The water supply is tested and conforms to the Australian Drinking Water Guidelines 2006 (ADWG) for a potable supply however use in a manufacturing industry (or Home Brew activity) which may have a higher quality requirement and may still require further treatment by the industry (person) utilising the water supply to conform to other applicable Standards.
I hope this answers your question, please contact us if you have further questions."

I have asked for some more detailed results.
I will keep you informed.
Cheers
LagerBomb

Gold Coast water

...not all that helpful

I got the following from Gold Coast water or what ever it is now...

Calcium: 13 - 21mg/L
Magnesium: 0.7 - 2.6mg/L
Sodium: 11 - 17mg/L
Alkalinity: 40 - 55mg/L (as CaCO3)

Not really sure what that means - anyone help? :blink:

Kev

I got the following from Gold Coast water or what ever it is now...

Calcium: 13 - 21mg/L
Magnesium: 0.7 - 2.6mg/L
Sodium: 11 - 17mg/L
Alkalinity: 40 - 55mg/L (as CaCO3)

Not really sure what that means - anyone help? :blink:

Kev

Can't find this sort of info for Brisbane water. The Babbs website say to go to the new SEQ Water Grid Manager website to get water reports now, but the reports don't seem to have Calcium, Magnesium, Sodium, etc levels. Confused - but new to water profiling.

I don't get the water profile thing either - yet. It's the next variable I want to tackle.

I got the info by emailing GC water directly. They seemed happy enough to reply, but many compunds were 'not routinely' tested.

kev

Just sent this Email off to the Director of Ops at SEQ Water Grid Manager. Did I miss anything?

Dan Spiller
Director of Operations

Current water reports are lacking in the details that were previously available from BCC website.

As a brewer this information was very useful. I don't have the facilities or expertise to carry out the analysis at my home.

Attached is a copy of the data that we were able to access form BCC and would like to have available from your website. Could you please provide this information on a continuing basis or explain why you cannot or won't. I realize that different water sources have been integrated and that all you have available is an amalgamation but you still must be testing for the previous chemicals and elements or you should be and will have the data available to add to the monthly report.

This thread on Aussie Home Brewer may demonstrate the trouble we are having accessing pertinent and up to date information Australia-wide especially post #55 which refers to Brisbane and therefore SEQ.

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...mp;#entry684786

I await your timely reply

Howard Mullins

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but was wondering if swimming pool supply shops would be of much help here. Would have knowledge of constituents of local water supplies I would guess...

Kev

Just sent this Email off to the Director of Ops at SEQ Water Grid Manager. Did I miss anything?

Dan Spiller
Director of Operations

Current water reports are lacking in the details that were previously available from BCC website.

As a brewer this information was very useful. I don't have the facilities or expertise to carry out the analysis at my home.

Attached is a copy of the data that we were able to access form BCC and would like to have available from your website. Could you please provide this information on a continuing basis or explain why you cannot or won't. I realize that different water sources have been integrated and that all you have available is an amalgamation but you still must be testing for the previous chemicals and elements or you should be and will have the data available to add to the monthly report.

This thread on Aussie Home Brewer may demonstrate the trouble we are having accessing pertinent and up to date information Australia-wide especially post #55 which refers to Brisbane and therefore SEQ.

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...mp;#entry684786

I await your timely reply

Howard Mullins

Looking forward to the response (if any) on this one.

Latest posts

Back