Big Head Hefe

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finite

All Grain Gremlin
Reaction score
My partial mash hefe is 2 days into fermentation and is smelling fantastic in the fridge. Everytime I open the fridge it smells like bubblegum. But i have noticed that the head/froth of the beer from fermentation is getting up near the airlock. Is this nothing to worry about?

If it gets bigger will it try and go through the airlock? Is this bad? It probably not a problem but im just checking.

just top the airlock up if the contents gets blown out by froth
theres a pic on here somewhere of a stout erupting through an airlock and foam everywhere.
it means your yeast is very alive :)

Finite.

If you've used a genuine Weizen yeast, yes there's every chance she'll creep through the airlock. May pay to attach a blowoff hose (some racking tube with the end sitting in some sanatizing solution) of some sort if it gets out of control.

Enjoy the beer, sounds like it's on the way.

Warren -

Haha damn boys thats some serious blowoff. When im attching the tube to the airlock no infection will get in right?

and what do i fill the jar or bottle with that the tube runs to? just sanitizing solution or boiled water?

Finite said:
Haha damn boys thats some serious blowoff. When im attching the tube to the airlock no infection will get in right?

and what do i fill the jar or bottle with that the tube runs to? just sanitizing solution or boiled water?
[post="106666"][/post]​

just water's fine

Latest posts

Back