Biab Questions

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best short explination I have seen in a while. Had one saved before but lost it. Printed this one out again and even saved a copy.

massaging your grains? lighting your burner? personally pitching your yeast?

BTW i read the guide it definitely said nylon, is swiss voile the same thing?

"In laymans terms, BIAB can be summarized as follows. You put a nylon bag in a big pot of water, pour in some grain, heat
it to a specific temperature and hold it at that temperature for 90 minutes"

I apologise - you are correct. The guide is a little self contradictory there. It says nylon alright, but then tells you the material is Swiss Voile - which comes in either cotton (not the stuff you want) or Polyester, which is the stuff you want.

Sorry about that, but then again, the reason I know the voile is polyester, and that most people also know its polyester, is because of the many many posts where the bag materials have been previously discussed.

The search function isn't the best, but punching the words "BIAB bag material" into the google search option brings up at least 6 threads that contain bag material details... the very first one including a discussion of the merits of different materials and photos of the product codes from spotlight...

Happy to help, but it does get a little tiresome answering the same questions again and again... at least you didn't preface you post with "I couldn't be bothered reading the huge BIAB thread...." which really pisses me off. I always want to reply with "and consequently I couldn't be bothered answering your question..."

Anyway - several people answered your questions without the whingeing that I am resorting to, so its probably better to ignore me and read them. I am patently a bit cranky

Latest posts

Back