Biab Number 11

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roverfj1200

Reaction score
Up to 11 brews now with the Urn and bag set up. Each brew day gets easier and easier. I find a better way to do things and understand my processes better. Anyone who wants to jump to AG this is the way to go. Cheep!!! For under $500 dollars I got a urn, Bag, Marga mill and enough grain and stuff for 6 brews. Now I'm brewing for as little as $16 for 23 litres. Hardest thing to do on brew day is wait for each step to end. I now mash in and head off for a hour and a half and do other things. And return for the bag lift and boil. Anyway just want to let people know how great the BIAB is..

Oh yeah and my beers are the best I have ever made...

Cheers

There's nothing like the feeling of completing another successful brew. Trying out a different procedure or using a new tool to help you out and learning something new each time.
Surpassed only by actually tasting the beer 5-6 weeks later and saying "**** yeh that taste good."

Or when you give some to a mate who's not a mega swill drinker and doesn't mind a craft beer and he says "Shit that's awesome, did you make that?"

Good on ya mate..

Hell yeh,

When you just do one mash step its soo easy with Biab. Love it and its so much less equipment needed than multi V systems.

Rover, couldn't agree with you any more. Before going AG the process seemed to me to be a mystery. But now I couldn't think OG going back to kits or extract.

I admit that AG takes a little longer. But like you I find other stuff to do while the time passes. I still feel guilty having a 5hr brew day so fill the urn before i go to bed and then set a timer so that it is ready for mash in when I wake up. I also try to get a few jobs done around the house during the mash and the boil. I actually think that my wife looks forward to brew day as she knows that I'll get stuff done.

Edit: and yes, except for the one dodgy batch, my worst AG tastes significantly better than my very best extract brew.

I'm only 5 brews in and love it, the beer definately taste way fresher than anything you can buy from bottleshop. As my kids put it, it is a big boys chemistry set, I'm still trying new things every brew and still haven't got a brew that I would call a house beer. Still too much to try and sample.

Nice one roverfj1200, same here I went the same way as the urn etc and I love it, I'm up to number five now and always planning the next brew, just got myself some kegs and can't wait to get them hooked up! Just need to get a grain mill now and I'm set. I agree with Truman the taste is great and my mates love it

I got a Marga Mill Natdene. Easy mod just a small drill hole. Pays for itself after two bags of grian.

Back