Best Xmas Beer (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

achy02

Reaction score
Ok I may be completely off topic / wrong section here but with 4 days till Xmas I need to hear from serious beer lovers about what they think the best commercial beer is for Xmas day in Australia. Hopefully I can get a good list to give to Santa................ :D

I like Hollandia - its light-bodied, decently hopped for a commercial, and the imported gear is cheap. Last case I had was 30 bucks at the Coles bottle-o...I asked the fello behind the counter and he said it was a contract or something. Anyway, I think its a good drop and would go well with a BBQ and salad or fish and chips.

Another idea...VB. Yes, groan, moan...but it is Australia and a lot of people drink the stuff. I don't prefer it, but I don't mind it. Also, with family and friends around you're playing a safe card with it. Otherwise Coopers PA, another beer I don't mind.

Cheers - boingk

Beer_VB.JPG

THE beer.

Many places have James Squire Golden Ale on special for around the $44 mark, it'd be an excellent Xmas brew and well priced. You'd actually _save_ money over buying Coronas or Crownies!!

Latest posts

Back