Best Pale Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JWB

Reaction score
:rolleyes:

I have been making this for last 6 brews and love it.
Its an extract beer with amazing taste.

Recipe:
3kg light dried malt
250g crystal Malt steeped for 40 mins @67c
10g Pride of Ringwood & 15G Golden Cluster hops @60 Minutes Boil
10G Golden Cluster & 15g Tettanang @30 Mins Boil
10G tettanang at flame out
US 05 yeast

Steep crystal malt in 4 ltrs of water @ 67c for 40 minutes.
Sparge and strain and bring volume to 8 ltrs
Bring to boil and add first hops.
After 30 minutes add second hops
after 1 hour add third hops and let sit for 10 minutes
Add to fermenter and stir in light dried malt ( ;) takes a bit of mixing but not that bad)
bring volume up to 25lts with cold water
Add yeast when temp is below 26C and ferment at 18c to 22c for 7 days
Rack into second fermenter and leave for 14 days
keg or bottle as usual.

I keg my beers and bottle the 7 ltrs that wont fit in the 18 ltrs keg so I always have a few stubbies for BBQ time at a mates.

B) Try it......its great mate

JWB

sounds good. I think I am on a winner with my last brew :) thought I would try whirlpool hopping with just a bittering addition of POR out of the fermenter there is some good aroma plenty bitterness and heaps of flavor only thing is I plan to bottle this so will put down another batch this weekend to keg unless I can con the misses to take a keg on holidays with us haha.

mine was:
23lts
3kg LDME
200g dex
10g POR @ 60min
63g cascade @ whirlpool
22g nelson sav @ whirlpool
1056 yeast

with whirlpool additions stir whirlpool for a few mins then put the lid on leave to stand for 15-20 mins and then cool in a water bath or immersion chiller. Cant wait till its fermented I may dry hop but will let it ferment out first and see. Will try yours to JWB sounds like a good aussie style beer and never tried tett so be a good excuse

. . Will try yours to JWB sounds like a good aussie style beer and never tried tett so be a good excuse

With the dextrose in yours what is the Alcohol percentage?

Mine with crystal grain works out to be 4.5% which is perfect for me.
I love the maltiness and the bitterness

You gotta try it

JWB

its still fermenting OG was 1052 and fg ATM is 1014. Should be around 5.2% I think you could make it less just adjust the hops a little. Or you could prob take out the dextrose and it should be fine I usually put very little if any dex in but got a 25kg bag to use so gotto use it

lol yeah I bought it about 3 months ago and prob used like 3kg out of it haha I used to brew with dextrose every time now I just want to brew all malt (got 20kg bag of that to) cuts costs down a fair bit buying a bag but when you are aiming to go AG its a pain having them sitting there haha

lol yeah I bought it about 3 months ago and prob used like 3kg out of it haha I used to brew with dextrose every time now I just want to brew all malt (got 20kg bag of that to) cuts costs down a fair bit buying a bag but when you are aiming to go AG its a pain having them sitting there haha

Just curious as to how you store your malt extract when its 20kg. I keep getting the 5kg bags cause they are sticky bastards once they are open, grrr.

Have a similar recipe to both but defintley trying the whirpooling. Still have half a 500g bag of Pride of Ringwood to use too!

Latest posts

Back