Best New Taps For Keg King Kegerators

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just bought a 3 tap keg king series 3 kegerator and want to swap the standard plastic taps. Based on the above, do I only need the taps and they will screw into the shanks I already have? Screw the old ones off, screw the new ones on?

Are the Perlick 525's still the go to tap?

I just picked up some 545 SS recently and they are awesome. Unless you want to replace parts with SS then all you should need are the taps as far as I'm aware.. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

Wilkens

hathro said:
I've just bought a 3 tap keg king series 3 kegerator and want to swap the standard plastic taps. Based on the above, do I only need the taps and they will screw into the shanks I already have? Screw the old ones off, screw the new ones on?

There are 2 different types or sizes of coupling? That the taps fit onto. You will have to find out which one the perlicks take and which ones you already have. If they are different they will not be compatible and you will have to buy the shank etc as well.

If you unscrew your tap now you will see that the tap slides onto a set of teeth. I think, and dont quote me, but the 2 different types have a different number of teeth. Ill go count mine now and tell you how many mine have (I have perlicks)

Thanks danestead. I'll check mine tonight and report back.

Too hard to count that many teeth without losing count however a search found that standard usa 60 teeth shanks fit the perlicks.

Edit. Yeah 60 teeth on mine

I installed two Perlick 525's on my KK series 3 in about 2 minutes, no extra bits needed.

Unscrew the old taps & screw on the new ones, simples

I replaced my KK series taps with the Perlick flow control ones, no extra parts and a great tap. I did get my kegerator from Craftbrewer, so not sure of the font is a different size.

I replaced the plastic KK taps with 525SS. Unlike others, I brought new SS shanks too. The plastic ones felt flimsy, so I thought that it'd save time and replace the whole lot at once.

A mate is using the 575SS taps which he uses to get great head on his English ales.

I must admit that I wasn't sure about the lack of spring action on the 525s to start with, however I do one prefer the perlick action.

spoonfeed_zps396ab27b.jpg

hathro said:

I just bought the Perlick 545SS Flow Control taps for my Keg King Kegerator. They're expensive but I'd still recommend them

mrsupraboy said:
Would of been good if u all put links and pics up
Save me alot of googling
If you're going to be like that: It would have been good if you didn't ask the question in the first place. It would have saved the rest of us a lot (two words, not one) of time that was spent responding to you.

Latest posts

Back