Best Hbs In Area?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol: GOLD!

Here in Gympie it goes like this at the LHBS.

G'day mate, can I have two packs of S-04 and two packs of S-05 please? ............ er...ah.....S-04........ "yeah mate"................he, looking in the fridge (which is a good thing) "that's yeast right"? "Mate, two of the blue ones and two of the pink ones please" he.....oh yep ok!

:lol:

But very nice to be able to grab these when needed Screwy.
Perhaps not an AG store but I find it handy at times and the owners are pleasant enough.

Batz

Grains/hops/yeast running way low so time for a visit to my local ex-sponsor tomorrow after his Thursday grain run and sure to have a great mag and a few beers(nudge nudge).

Cheers
Big d

The guy at Campbelltown has no idea... I was there one day and a guy walked in, wanting to get into AG and obviously wanting to spend money and get some advice. He said, (insert German accent here) "dont bother, its takes too much time and doesnt taste anybetter" and that was it...

Another time, I was doing a lager, went and bought 2 packets of yeast and promptly told me I shouldnt be pitching both packets of yeast...

another time, I went in asking for amarillo hops. He said "no such hop exist"

and he has a fridge in there, NEVER been offered a beer... :angry: :lol:

I gave Manny a visit today to get some hops on the way home and can now happily report that not only does he know what Amarillo is, he also sells it. Just about everything filters through to him eventually, he might even find out about the internet soon :p .

I find the shop good for yeast and hops as he uses the fridge for both and prices are reasonable. The shop would be fine as well if your a kitter as well as long as you don't ask any questions. He talks a lot for someone with developing social skills.

Big +1 for Craig of Casula homebrew being both friendly and helpful. Can order 25kg of JW base malt for $60 as well, so prices are on par with most. Plus plenty of your kits and other HBS essentials.

The only homebrew shop in the area, Gympie Home Brew Shop is:

Under New Management

New owner Dave is catering to Beer Brewers as well as the Spirit Folk. He's surprised at how many homebrewers have dropped in over the past couple of weeks since taking over, and has already had to replenish stocks. A breath of fresh air, he says he needs to learn from brewers what they need and what to stock.

He's off to a great start installing a display fridge to store yeast etc. Get in and support him, we finally have a LHBS supporting beer brewers.

Screwy

The only homebrew shop in the area, Gympie Home Brew Shop is:

A really long drive from Campbelltown NSW...Not that it hasn't been done before :lol: :eek: ;)

Screwy

Craig of Casula homebrew has helped me out a lot.great bloke

Bump!!!!
Haven't bin on here in ages. Got absolutely sick of washing bottles so I'm kegging now. :icon_drool2:

Anyway, just letting you all know about a brew shop in Mittagong, nearly opposite the church.

Anyone tried it out, going to visit this arvo.

Hello.
I have notice that Casula Home brew shop shut down and Manfred's old place in Campelltown is still going. Last time I was there it was for sale and I am not sure who runs the place anymore. As previous post said this place has died. I keep getting reminders to go the M.A.L.E monthly meets still but my life so hectic that I can't find time to sit down and have quite beer with old brew chumps and occasionally have turned back to mega swill at times. Is there any brew shops that are worth going to, let me know and I may drop in in one of my wonders away from home through the south west Sydney areas.
The mad Swede is dwelling with man - machine - method - material - mother nature and Measurement and writing 20 page quality reports and trying to stay alive at the same time. Currently One ale a week is my quota and this is midday Saturday.
Cannot wait until the kids have cleared the garage that I can find time to make All grain American Pale Ale again. I think i have to restock on all that grain as it has been sitting for two years in couple of tuns that I Purchase from master Linz. It took a lot of effort just to log in again to see if there is anything going on with MALE.
The only way to find out is to make my way to one of this monthly meets and eat some pizza and beer I suppose.
The mad swede is signing out as he has to endure a full day of sitting down and Learn and teach other how to conduct an Internal Audit.
I wish you all a long and happy life.

Take care and you may see me or hear from me if my partner allows and the kid get there home work done on time. Kid are now 9, 13 and 15 and it is little difficult to help with home work ,get my own work done and pay bills and find time to put a brew together,

Hi matti,
Northern Brew in the northern suburbs of Wollongong is my local supplier, and they stock everything u need - even stuff to do ur own spirits..under new mgmt now, they're pretty good!

Bump!!!!
Haven't bin on here in ages. Got absolutely sick of washing bottles so I'm kegging now. :icon_drool2:

Anyway, just letting you all know about a brew shop in Mittagong, nearly opposite the church.

Anyone tried it out, going to visit this arvo.
The shop moved behind Repco and has a new owner ... 224 Old Hume Highway

Back