Belgian Tripel Final Gravity

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice one Felten I reckon that is my problem right there. I'll try warras trick next time.

Cheers

Ahh good idea! how do you add the beat sugar? im sure i have a book on adding adjuncts somewhere but ill ask anyway.
cheers

I bought mine from MHB, it was his dark candi sugar syrup.
I simply added it straight from the container. No boiling, nothing else.

Edit: fumble fingers spelling problem

Edit: fumble fingers spelling problem
I got the clear candi syrup from Ross, it's beat sugar so ill try add it to the ferment next time.
Cheers

I got the clear candi syrup from Ross, it's beat sugar so ill try add it to the ferment next time.
Cheers

Beat sugar? Sounds like it would "retain head". :lol:

Really? The one and only time I did this was with a Belgian DSA after forgetting to add it to the boil. I thought "what the hell" and added it to the fermenter directly instead. The result was a beer which had a residual artificial type of sweetness to it which resulted in a pretty average beer. In fact, I still have numerous bottles on the floor in the garage some two years later...

I am reluctant to add a thick syrup to a fermentation (such as candi sugar) I feel the thick syrup, just falls to the bottom of the fermenter and does not get consumed by the yeast.

This is just an opinion based on a few attempts and I don't have scientific fact to back it up, but if I knew in advance that I was going to add candi sugar to the fermenter, I would make sure that my fermenter was a few litres short, and I would add the candi to some water, dissolve totally, and boil for a short period and then add the diluted solution to the fermenter.

Latest posts

Back