Beez Neez on tap poor carbination due to the honey?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctr-dan

Reaction score
Hey guys i was just wondering if anyone had some insight on this.
A friends local pub had Beez Neez on tap until recently.
Upon asking why they removed it they were told they could get it carbonated properly and were wasting half a keg as it was pouring flat all the time.
They said they thought the honey was having a negative affect on the carbonation.

Now I dont know alot in this regard but it doesnt make sense to me.

Apart from the main question here, do pubs carbonate the kegs themselves? I thought they would receive the kegs carbonated and they would just hook them up for pouring pressure?

I have experienced a wit beer pouring flat due to the citric acid from the orange peel, but if anything I would say their lines probably need a clean and so do their glasses.

CUB very rarely **** up a keg, let alone more than once....

My local has BN all the time, no probs that I have ever noticed

I've had Beez Neez a bunch of times from various places without any carbonation issues (carbination may be a different matter :p ). I've never heard of people having carbonation problems with their home brewed beers with honey, so I can't imagine a commercial version would have either. Either they didn't know what they were talking about or they just spurted some mumbo jumbo to brush off the question.

Latest posts

Back